What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad with my guitar as a drum machine...

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Playing around with my iPad, I was curious if it was possible to use it as a drum machine while playing guitar. So I found the JamPad application which is providing a lot of pre-configured drum beats. That's nice but since the volume of the iPad is not that loud, I could not hear the drums while playing my guitars.

I could have plugged in my iPad into some external speakers, but hey, what are geeks for? It came to my mind that I could use AirPlay to stream any audio to my apple tv connected on my tv set (with good speakers). So, I launched the iPod application, and stream the music to my apple tv via AirPlay.

While the music is playing, I started the JamPad app, and what do you know: sound is being streamed to the apple tv also. So you simply stop the iPod music, go back to JamPad and there it is. The only quirk is that there is a small delay before you hear the sound of the keyboard, but that's not a big deal as all I wanted to do was to play those drums sequence only.

So now, I can use my iPad, with the apple tv to get a louder drum beat over my tv and enjoy playing guitar on those tracks.

Have fun!

VicoPad addict!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try out Electro Beats drum machine for IPad. Tons of kits and customizations. U can make some really hard hitting beats up there. Garage band is nice also but for drum sets, electro beats has it beat hands down.

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Demandarin said:
Try out Electro Beats drum machine for IPad. Tons of kits and customizations. U can make some really hard hitting beats up there. Garage band is nice also but for drum sets, electro beats has it beat hands down.

Thanks, i'll look into it.

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts