What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People saying the new iPad is really to hot to hold.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been hearing many complaints about the new iPad being so hot they are not fun to hold. I don't see a quick fix for this problem. Surly Apple knew about this heat item, and should have known many would not like it.

ooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad does not get hot

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Blaqdymun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ooney said:
My iPad does not get hot

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mine doesn't get hot either and I've been using it constantly. Coming over from an Android table I think I spent a lot of time trying to get used to my new device and there was no heat issue at all. I'm so glad I made the purchase (32gig-4G-VZN). I also switched from the HTC EVO 3D to an iPhone 4S, the two devices sync wonderfully together. I never thought I would make the switch to APPLE but...

Happily Here I Am.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
mine has gotten warm, but it was just for a minute. Nothing to complain about.

Only think I could think of is if they have some sort of case thats trapping the heat and making it worse than it would normally be.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a article in the USA online paper if you have the app.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the USA article also has an update saying that they did a full test and that the new iPad ran 13 degree's hotter than the other iPad when running an intense graphical game Infinity blade for 45 minutes continuously while plugged in and charging. They also said that the heat difference did not make it feel uncomfortable to hold.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not cool to the touch but it is certainly not hot. I'd call it slightly over lukewarm and that was after several hours of solid use. I'd chalk some complaints up to defective units and the rest to buyer's remorse.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem with this is when a few new users have issues every one thinks it affects all users. The press love bringing up any problems that may occur particularly when it is an Apple product. I am not saying that there is not an issue but frankly it seems to be isolated. Apple has stated the new ipad is well with in the operating temperature and I accept that. I understood a consumer report was completed running infinity blade II for 45 minutes while the tablet was plugged into power and it appeared to get hot. I would love to see what other tablets achieve doing the same test not to mention smart phones as I bet they all would get hotter. Laptops suffer the same issue when running intensive games or playing on line games so it really would not be a surprise if iPads or any tablet increase operating temperature when pushing it to the limit.

Our stores ( i work for a major electrical chain in Brisbane) have delivered several hundred of the new iPads since last week not one single customer has complained. I personally watch 2 movies the other day for about 5 hours and I did not notice any increase in temperature.

If users have heating issues. I suggest they return the tablets for replacement or credit it is that simple.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Again, people are turning their screens to 100% brightness and then complaining when their iPad gets hot. It has a fat battery and a 4X density screen. Of course it will get hot! Use auto-brightness and laid of the 100% stuff.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I hate about new device intros. It seems people's focus is on what could be wrong, not what is great about the device. Remember the antenna-gate on the iPhone. A few people and the media made a lot of noise over what turned out to be a non-issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts