What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC Keyboard App - Does one exist?

lampe4177

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need the HOME key that is missing from an ipad keyboard. It is the "hot key" for an application I am using and the ipad keyboard has no HOME key.

Wondering if there is some sort of app that mimics a PC keyboard on your ipad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most third party bluetooth keyboards will work with the iPad. That does not mean that the Home key will work. I'd try someone else's bluetooth keyboard first and try it out.

It seems strange that an iPad app would depend on a Home key when almost no native hardware supports the key. I'd check the app's documentation and make sure it hasn't been moved to some other key combo.

It bit of extra info. If you hold down the Command Key on a keyboard attached to the iPad, a pop-up will appear with all the valid key command for the current app.

Also, in Settings > General > Keyboard > Hardware Keyboard > Modifier Keys it is possible to change the function of some keys. No Home key option unfortunately. Mostly it's good for adding and ESC key if needed. Many iOS keyboards don't have one.

Most reactions

Latest posts