What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pay as you Go for Ipad 2

debblaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good pay as you go for my ipad 2. I have wifi at home which is where ill be using the Ipad mostly but would like to take out and about at times, ideally i would just like to buy pay as you go and see how long it lasts to know whether its best to have a monthly or pay as you go for a certain no of month/s for a fixed price or until GB runs out.

Any suggestions please

Debblaze

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you're in the UK, I'd recommend '3'. Their network is all 3G - so no GPRS or EDGE - and they do both PAYG and 'All you can eat' deals. They advertise widely in the UK but check out their website. Their PAYG deal can be topped up online since, even if you run out, data usage to their website doesn't count towards your total.

Tim

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on Orange PAYG - here - you pay for what you use by direct debit on a monthly basis, unlike other plans where I think you have to 'top up' in advance. Orange charge 5p/Mb, capped at £40 pcm - yes, that's very expensive, but you can switch to a fixed-price plan at any time, or pay for increased usage ad-hoc on a daily (£2 for 200Mb) or weekly (£7.50 for 1Gb) basis if you think you'll need it e.g. if you're away for the week.

When I first bought my iPad I didn't know how much I'd use 3G, so this was the best solution I found - you can sign up just to try it out (£10 credit when you sign up btw) safe in the knowledge that, because of the £40 cap, you won't accidentally run up a massive bill. Turned out I'm a low user (very light browsing out and about, and syncing of calendars & email) so it worked out well for me just to leave it as PAYG. Well worth a look IMHO.

HTH, Pete.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using T-mobile iPhone 4 micro sim in mine an it's only cost me £10 for a years free Internet (FYP) :-D

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Since you're in the UK, I'd recommend '3'. Their network is all 3G - so no GPRS or EDGE - and they do both PAYG and 'All you can eat' deals. They advertise widely in the UK but check out their website. Their PAYG deal can be topped up online since, even if you run out, data usage to their website doesn't count towards your total.

Tim

I agree with Tim here, I have a 'Three' Mifi device and the coverage and speed is excellent.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wapanstore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's how it works. You can get the ipad alone. It's yours, do whatever you want, free. Get apps, get online as long as you have a wireless connection, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts