What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD pay as you go carriers for Canadian travelling to the US

Crazy Canuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks!

New here. Been looking for info on travelling to the US with my ipad 2. We are driving down to California and I want to
change the sim card in my IPAD to an amercian pay as you go carrier. The rates that I would have to pay through
ROGERS wireless is ridiculous. Any suggestions? I am looking to stop at the first walmart in the US to do this so we can
have INET access all the way to LA.

On a side note, wondering if I can do the same with my IPHONE 4s? Or i have a old 3G phone that I am not using, wondering if I could use that too?

Thznk you kindly,

Fred

jmbarker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Hi Folks!

New here. Been looking for info on travelling to the US with my ipad 2. We are driving down to California and I want to
change the sim card in my IPAD to an amercian pay as you go carrier. The rates that I would have to pay through
ROGERS wireless is ridiculous. Any suggestions? I am looking to stop at the first walmart in the US to do this so we can
have INET access all the way to LA.

On a side note, wondering if I can do the same with my IPHONE 4s? Or i have a old 3G phone that I am not using, wondering if I could use that too?

Thznk you kindly,

Fred

AT&T and Verizon offer by the month plans. AT&T charges at or near $25 for 2GB per month with no contract. These prices are what they were when I signed up for. Might be a bit higher now. Do not know about Verizon.

OP
C

Crazy Canuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey thanks bud, I am thinking I will contact a verizon or att rep before we leave and see what happens from there.

KarinainMilan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had fab results this summer when using my iPad with AT&T's 3G/month plan (I am from the States, but now live in Italy, so my iPad plan is Italian, and I had NO wish to chock up remote data charges. AT&T has no charges to cancel, even after just one month, just a quick phone call to the service center to close contract. Worked EVERYWHERE, except in REALLY remote/rural areas. GREAT buy for 30$ (US). :eek:
Let us know how it turned out for you!
Cheers, Karina

Most reactions

Latest posts