What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pasting from note to mailbox

shaikhmukhtar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok'd you help previously when I use type on note and copy and paste the sane in my mail accounts the format use to come as I am typing here now but now the typing format is as it is typed in the notepad why us that so? How could I get it to the normal format like here or previously it used to be,advise appreciated

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shaikhmukhtar said:
Ok'd you help previously when I use type on note and copy and paste the sane in my mail accounts the format use to come as I am typing here now but now the typing format is as it is typed in the notepad why us that so? How could I get it to the normal format like here or previously it used to be,advise appreciated

I've just answered your other post, but this one has more info though. Are you saying that the font has changed. In the other post you have said notepad, so what app is it that you are using. If you're using the Native Notes, look in Settings - Notes and there are other fonts you can select. Or is the font changing when you paste it in mail. Let us know.

Please do not post twice on an issue, as well as being against Forum Rules it also leads to confusion. I will delete your other thread.

OP
shaikhmukhtar

shaikhmukhtar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fonts change when I paste ,well I am using the original apple notes app which comes preinstalled,please advise

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shaikhmukhtar said:
The fonts change when I paste ,well I am using the original apple notes app which comes preinstalled,please advise

I've just had a look at this. There is 3 different fonts you can have for Notes, but I found it didn't matter which one I pasted into mail, they all ended up the same but different to the font I started with. I would say the mail app has its own font it uses regardless of what you input. In the mail app you can change the font to Bold, Italic or Underline and even change the color to blue. To do this paste your note into the email then press to Select the part you want changed, it can be the whole text or just a part of it, you will then be given other options to Cut, Copy etc, select the arrow at the end and this will give you more options of which the first one is BIU, if you select this you can change your font to Bold, Italic or Underlined. I have also noticed in the Settings for mail you can change the Font size.

I don't know how this has changed for you from what you were doing before, but if the mail app is now doing something different, maybe closing it completely and then relaunching it is the best step to do here. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Let us know.

Most reactions

Latest posts