What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad note pad sensitivity

ED Filaree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could use some help. New Ipad 2 user.

When I type a note in notepad it it is too touch sensitive
and it adds too many letters. When I normally type
on a keyboard I let my fingers rest lightly on a key.
Now I try and it goes crazy.

Can you adjust the sensitivity on for this application?

Would greatly appreciate your help.

Ed

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
ED Filaree said:
Could use some help. New Ipad 2 user.

When I type a note in notepad it it is too touch sensitive
and it adds too many letters. When I normally type
on a keyboard I let my fingers rest lightly on a key.
Now I try and it goes crazy.

Can you adjust the sensitivity on for this application?

Would greatly appreciate your help.

Ed

if I am reading it right, you are using the onscreen keyboard like you do with a normal keyboard?

if so, you can't, because being touch screen, every time you touch the screen, or in this case, a letter it will think you pressed it

for touch typists, it is a little awkward, but you need to hover your fingers above the keys instead

Reaction score
The iPad does not provide an option to adjust the sensitivity.

That said, keys should not repeat, by keeping a finger pressed onto the the virtual key. But since the iPad cannot distinguish between an intended touch and a 'just resting my finger, but don't mean it' touch, can you only use the virtual keyboard effectively, if you are always lifting the fingers up.

This can get tiring, so for longer typing sessions, an external keyboard, either a USB one connected via the camera connection kit, or a bluetooth keyboard is recommended.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The iPad does not provide an option to adjust the sensitivity.

That said, keys should not repeat, by keeping a finger pressed onto the the virtual key. But since the iPad cannot distinguish between an intended touch and a 'just resting my finger, but don't mean it' touch, can you only use the virtual keyboard effectively, if you are always lifting the fingers up.

This can get tiring, so for longer typing sessions, an external keyboard, either a USB one connected via the camera connection kit, or a bluetooth keyboard is recommended.

oooooh, never knew a USB keyboard works via the camera kit.... darn.... all this time with a USB keyboard sat unused :( and having to suffer the onscreen keyboard

Reaction score
Wytey said:
oooooh, never knew a USB keyboard works via the camera kit.... darn.... all this time with a USB keyboard sat unused :( and having to suffer the onscreen keyboard

To be fair, using a USB keyboard isn't that comfortable, because of the wires, but I sometimes us one, too, if the bluetooth one runs out of battery ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ed, I'm a touch typist and I'm afraid the guys are right but it does take practice and the longer you do the easier it is. I use Apples BT keyboard for longer jobs. I thought you knew everything Wytey?

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Hayles66 said:
Ed, I'm a touch typist and I'm afraid the guys are right but it does take practice and the longer you do the easier it is. I use Apples BT keyboard for longer jobs. I thought you knew everything Wytey?

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

:p lol I wish :)

Most reactions

Latest posts