What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paste to Pages

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I copy an image from a book in iBooks or a PDF in Print n Share on the iPad 3.

If I paste in mail the image will paste. However, if I tap to paste it in a blank document in Pages the Insert dialogue pops up. A blank document in QuickOffice does nothing when I tap.

If I copy an image from a PDF on Dropbox and paste in Pages the HTML is pasted. A paste in Mail shows the image. QuickOffice shows the HTML.

How can I paste the image in an app other than Mail on the iPad 3? I would really like to be able to paste an image in Pages.

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I copy an image from a book in iBooks or a PDF in Print n Share on the iPad 3.

If I paste in mail the image will paste. However, if I tap to paste it in a blank document in Pages the Insert dialogue pops up. A blank document in QuickOffice does nothing when I tap.

If I copy an image from a PDF on Dropbox and paste in Pages the HTML is pasted. A paste in Mail shows the image. QuickOffice shows the HTML.

How can I paste the image in an app other than Mail on the iPad 3? I would really like to be able to paste an image in Pages.

Thanks,

Mike

I just tried this in Pages. Tap on an image in Safari and select copy. Tap in a blank document in Pages and select Paste and the image appeared and you can move, resize etc.
Is this what you are trying to achieve?

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, except I want to do it from a book in iBooks

BTW, if the page in Safari is showing a PDF, when you copy and paste in pages, the HTML code is pasted. Do the same paste in Mail and the image shows instead of the HTML code.

Also, I am puzzled as to why one cannot select/copy from a PDF in iBooks.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can take a screen shot of the image, which can then be cropped if required and added to the Pages doc using the add media function.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was hoping to find a more straightforward approach.

Most reactions

Latest posts