What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password on the lock screen

robsoule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, go to Settings\General, then Passcode Lock. You can turn on and then set the 4 digit passcode.

theipadstudent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.theipadstudentexperiment.com
You can enable a PIN-code lock on the lockscreen from your Settings>General>Passcode Lock and turning it to "On". This is just a 4-number passcode that you can set and ask the iPad to reprompt after your iPad has been locked for a certain amount of time (or have it ask for the passcode after you lock your iPad every time if you want). If you're looking for an alpha-numeric password type application, I don't think an option like that is available. I don't know if there will be some sort of option when iOS 4 comes out, though.

This may seem like a not-quite secure way to secure your iPad, but there is also an option in these settings to have the iPad erase its data after 10 failed passcode attempts.

I hope this helps!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Remember there are apps that can create a password protected area on theiPad for sensitive information. I use Stash on mine to hide some personal papers so I can hand it around without worrying.

dwarf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ip pass code

My iPad had an alphanumeric passcode as standard for some reason. But my wife's iPad has the 4 pin code feature you are referring to. The difference between the two ipads? Mine was from America, my wife's from Australia...

So obviously there is a way to change it, but I have no idea how. If anybody else does, please let me know, as my wife would like to use alphanumeric instead of the simple pin code.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a webpage where you run a config file and it gives you alphanumeric. I haven't done it, but I think there's a thread about it here somewhere.

Most reactions