What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passcode

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, friends 2 things to ask 1) if I lost my device and passcode and iCloud is active my data is on safe it don't go to other hand. 2) passcode 10 attempt active and we decrease the attempts tks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If find my iPhone is turned on on your iPad at the time it is lost, you can find its location whenever it's connected to the Internet by going to iCloud.com and logging into your account. You can also remotely erase the iPad. You can also set your iPad to erase itself after 10 failed attempts to enter the passcode.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No not lost only asking what do to protect my data if I lost.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No not lost only asking what do to protect my data if I lost.

Your data is safe. The device itself was encrypted from the minute you first set it up and the passcode will prevent anyone from viewing your data. No need for worry :)

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If 10 failed attempts is on, your data will delete when someone tries to guess your password in an attempt to reuse your iPad. This would be the first thing someone would try. But your personal info would be gone. If you want to try and find your iPad, you should probably turn ( erase all data after 10 failed attempts ) off and use find my iPhone. You can always erase all data remotely.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tks to Apple and all of u, now pls tell me did 10 attempt became 5 attempt.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello jaba123
No. If (erase all data after 10 failed attempts) is turned on, iPad will still need 10 try's to erase your data including the ability to use the (find my iPhone) feature either way your data is fairly safe. You can also use an extended passcode to lock iPad instead of just a simple 4 digit lock to make it even a little harder guess.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank everybody for sharing such a useful information.

Most reactions

Latest posts