What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pairing Bluetooth to other devices?

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible for an iPad to 'find' a Blackberry or visa versa so I could compose text messages on my iPad's larger keyboard and send it to the Blackberry to be sent as text message from my phone. (so it uses the credit that's on my phone)

I had thought of SMS to email service but many tend to be for businesses and my iPad wont vibrate when I get incoming text, so I'd want any return replies to go to my Blackberry. You also have to pay seperately for another load of texts and I dont want my SIM to be disconnected if no credit is going on and its not been used. (i cant speak/hear well enough to use voice calls).

I wondered if some kind of environmental control app such as Red Eye would do it as they say you can control lights, thermostats, blinds etc as well as TV's and basic Infra red devices.

If anyone does find their iPad can pair with their mobile phone and they can send text to it, I would be interested to know what model phone you have.

Thanks

Kati

coll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blackberry bluetooth to ipad problem

My Tour and ipad paired fine but will not connect. The apple store tech said it would work, but I am reading that it doesn't . Has it worked for anyone? Just want to send pic's to ipad over bluetooth.:confused:

ipadonmyhand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too, have the same problem with my bb 9780, so what's the solution? Please help me. Tx

Most reactions

Latest posts