What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibooks won't download

David Nolan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought two books on ibooks and they showed up on my ipad, but wouldn't open. When I go to "store/purchases" they appear as "redownload", but when I do that it transfers the image to my library, but a window comes up that says I already bought the book, but need to redownload. This is an endless cycle that I can't get out of and can't download the book....help !!!

Thanks,

David

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
As nutty as it sounds, turn fully off and on your iPad (reboot). Fixes most such issues. Let us know if it works.

ysenrab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same problem with the first ibook I have tried to purchase. Turning it off and on again hasn't solved the problem. I also can't see it in my itunes account and when I sync it doesn't show up. This is very frustrating and is putting me off using ibooks (will stick to Kindle, but this book wasn't available through kindle).

Any solutions would be great.

Federal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem. The book has redownload set but will not download simply sending me back to redownload. It also appears on the book shelf but there is no way to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It also appears on the book shelf but there is no way to remove it.
On the bookshelf page, select Edit in the upper right hand corner --

ibooks5.jpg

After you do this, each book will have an X in the upper left hand corner and all you have to do is tap the X to delete the book. Tap Done when you have deleted the book(s) in question.

ibooks6.jpg

Federal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank your for your reply. Unfortunately when edit is pressed the books that have not downloaded do not have an "x" so are unable to be deleted.

Federal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. When I logged on today, for the umpteenth time, the books automatically downloaded, no idea why or what happened, but alls well.

Federal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, not half as confused as I was when the download worked without any prompting. This was after many days and fruitless attempts in trying to get the books to either download or, latterly, delete them.

darlin_gyrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the same problem today, book said downloaded, but won't open. I clicked the book in my library and got the page showing it was downloaded......on a whim, I clicked "get sample". Poof, the entire book was available.

srnicholoson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks not downloading

Had the same problem today, book said downloaded, but won't open. I clicked the book in my library and got the page showing it was downloaded......on a whim, I clicked "get sample". Poof, the entire book was available.

I had the same problem with my iPad, iBooks wasn't downloading a book that I pre purchased a few months ago and I have honestly tried everything including restarting the iPad, trying to download the sample etc. It's just not working and I am extremely frustrated.

Most reactions

Latest posts