What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

owa (Outlook Web Access)

xer0925

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to access an Outlook Web Access 2003 server from my iPad. On my PC, I go to h_ttps://wtcmail.companyname.com/exchange/ (note that there is no undescore, but this forum won't allow me to have a link in my posts yet) and then I enter my username and password. When I do this via Safai, it fails. A window titled Secure Website Log into this secure website appears. It does not accept my credentials.

Suggestions appreciated. Is it the browser? Do I need a special app? Is it a setting? Thanks.

This is my first post on this site. I apologize if I'm in the wrong spot.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this work related? Do you usually need to have something like an ID card plugged into your computer? What message does it give?

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I to have been unable to access my work email via OWA but haven't had the time to see if there's a solution, so am using my laptop for OWA.

Hal

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to access an Outlook Web Access 2003 server from my iPad. On my PC, I go to h_ttps://wtcmail.companyname.com/exchange/ (note that there is no undescore, but this forum won't allow me to have a link in my posts yet) and then I enter my username and password. When I do this via Safai, it fails. A window titled Secure Website Log into this secure website appears. It does not accept my credentials.

Suggestions appreciated. Is it the browser? Do I need a special app? Is it a setting? Thanks.

This is my first post on this site. I apologize if I'm in the wrong spot.

Is you exchange server using a self signed certificate?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One other thing: our OWA was originally locked using mobile devices and we had to ask for them to enable it.

pjkemp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
owa light vs. full version

I have had no problem accessing owa on an exchange 2010 server from safari, except that I can only get the light version to work.

This limits me to email and calendar items.

Has anyone been able to get the full owa version to work that includes tasks and notes?

BTW, I did not have to do anything special to the exchange configuration to get owa working on my ipad. I had been using it successfully on WIN 7 desktops (for testing) and on my WIN 7 laptop. It may be a 2003 specific configuration issue for exchange since I understand that there have been a number of changes to server access control methods between exch. 03 and 10.. Unfortunately I do no know 2003 admin so I cannot add any help...

Thanks in advance.
PK

IndyBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had no problem accessing owa on an exchange 2010 server from safari, except that I can only get the light version to work.

This limits me to email and calendar items.

Has anyone been able to get the full owa version to work that includes tasks and notes?

BTW, I did not have to do anything special to the exchange configuration to get owa working on my ipad. I had been using it successfully on WIN 7 desktops (for testing) and on my WIN 7 laptop. It may be a 2003 specific configuration issue for exchange since I understand that there have been a number of changes to server access control methods between exch. 03 and 10.. Unfortunately I do no know 2003 admin so I cannot add any help...

Thanks in advance.
PK

I am on Exchange 2003 and I have the full OWA version working with notes and tasks and public folders.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My organization has procedures to connect an iPhone to Outlook. Using them, I am able to access my mail, contacts, and calendar on my iPad. If your organization has that type of setup, it should work.

Question
setup Exchange on the 3G iPhone (Version 2.0)?*
Answer
From the iPhone home screen, tap Settings.
Select Mail from the Settings screen.
On the Mail screen, tap Add Account...
From the Add Account... list, select Microsoft Exchange.
In the*Email field, type the entire Exchange e-mail address (example: [email protected]).
In the*Username field, type the*user email address.
In the Password field, enter the mailbox's User password.
In the Description field, you may enter whatever short description for this account that you choose.
Select*the Next button in the upper right corner of the screen.
You will receive a pop-up message indicating that the device is "Unable to Verify Certificate," select Accept.
In the Host Name/Server Name field, enter the system mail server address
Select*the Next button in the upper right corner of the screen.
On this screen you may choose which items you would like to sync with your iPhone.* If you would like Mail, Contacts, and Calendars to sync you must switch all the sliders to the ON position.*
NOTE:* IF YOU CHOSE TO SYNC CONTACTS*AND/OR*CALENDAR, ANYTHING SAVED*ONLY*ON THE IPHONE*WILL*BE*DELETED*AND*REPLACED*WITH*OUTLOOK CONTACTS AND CALENDAR INFORMATION.*
Select*the*Save button in the upper right corner of the screen.
The iPhone will now attempt to connect to the Exchange mailbox specified.

NOTE: This is a modified version and the links are going to be individual for company.

Last edited:

SoxFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Outlook Web Access on Ipad

I spent hours last night trying to get mine to work. I downloaded Atomic Browser and paid the .99 cents. I still could not get OWA to open anything in my email window. It was just stuck. I could do nothing but look at it!

I then read another post here and followed that advice. Just go to Settings - Mail - on your Ipad and ADD another mail account. There is an option for Microsoft Outlook Web Access. Follow the prompts and it authorizes your OWA account and you're in! I work for a government agency with high security and had no problems.

Voila ! Works like a charm. Just like I'm looking at my desktop. The only little drawback is that you need to enter a passcode because you are automatically logged into your email. My AOL mail and OWA mail are in the same window and I just toggle between them both. Very simple.

Atomic Web Browser solved many other issue for me on my work website however. Very much worth the .99 IMHO !

Patty

JohnZiggeran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just registered to share the solution I have found. Spend a lot of time trying to connect my iPad with WebOutlook without success. Yesterday I had searched AppStore with OWA keywords and found a lot of applications for that! Choose whatever you like, but I'm using webMailReader, which is only one free app for that.

Hope it helps, cheers!

Most reactions

Latest posts