What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OWA premium vs light

2DaLake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Outlook Web Access Premium was working on IPAD and suddenly I now get a message that says OWA Premium is not supported by my version of Safari and only OWA Light works now. Is this a problem with versions of software on my IPAD or is this a microsoft exchange server problem (with my mail at work)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It means that someone has enable browser detection on your server, or added mobile Safari to the list of detectable browsers. This is usually done to redirect mobile browsers to pages that are better designed for them. With the iPad it can be a good or bad thing. The UI's for these pages are usually designed for small phone screens, that's annoying. But the new pages are also designed to be simpler and avoid some of the code that won't work with mobile Safari, so sometimes this is the only way to make the website work.

If you want the normal web page back get the Atomic browser from the app store.

You can set Atomic to lie about what kind of browser it is, so that your server will give you the full web page again. That does not mean that it really emulates those browsers. Atomic will work, or not, pretty much like mobile Safari. Might be some minor differences in abilities.

To change the browser in Atomic, tap on the gear icon to the left of the URL bar, and choose Identify Browser As.

OP

2DaLake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
atomic browser

I downloaded atomic. I set "identify browser as" to various versions of explorer and even other browsers. I get the same result with all of them. OWA premium opens but no commands work. It's just like a picture of my email account and new emails appear when I log in but every icon looks to be active but nothing happens. Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Like I said, most of the time redirects are set up because the main page won't work correctly. Maybe they updated the OWA service, and the new setup won't work with mobile browsers, so they redirect.

None of the different setting do anything but tell the server that it is a different browser. The abilities of Atomic won't change when you switch. It just tells a different lie.

It is possible that one of the other third party browsers will work, but I have no idea which. I've heard good things about iCab, but can't confirm any of them myself.

There are a few apps in the store that say they work with OWA. Webmail++ has the best reviews, though those are pretty low. It is only 99 cents, so I suppose you might try it.

That's all I can do for you.

Most reactions