What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overheating?

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey i Owen the 16gb version and it has been working perfect for me. I read somewhere that some people are reporting overheating on there 32 and 64 versions. Any here experiencing any of that here?

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64 gig I've used extensively and no overheating issues at all.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 32, and no issues with heat. I have the apple case and it has not felt warm at all.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a 32gb model and I've used it for several hours at a time with no overheating issues.

Easrthdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overheating

Yes I have. I have a 64gb. I can replicate it very easily, Go outside in the direct sunlight, on your deck or at the pool and use it when its 75 degrees plus. I won't take too long. This is unusable by the pool compared to my sad Sony eReader... It sucks.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Arizona and it's already hitting high 80s on some days. I still haven't had any overheating issues while using it outside.

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey i Owen the 16gb version and it has been working perfect for me. I read somewhere that some people are reporting overheating on there 32 and 64 versions. Any here experiencing any of that here?

I read the same article on MMi but I've yet to have any overheating issues. I guess being in direct sun can cause it to break that 95F max operating temperature.

Easrthdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent an hour n the phone with Apple today on the issue. They have agreed to swap out my iPad. They had me test it along with my iPhone in direct sunlight at 75. The iPad would over heat in 10 minutes. The iPhone took double the time. Then they had me wip the iPad and try again to confirm it wasn't something I loaded, same result. My new iPad will be hear tomorrow.

Of course they SWEAR that they have never heard of it or had it reported. I suggested they have a look at their own apple iPad forum...

auspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol maybe that is why there taking so long to release to australia... it gets so freaking hot here. like 110f n your avg summer day and 50f in the dead of winter

Easrthdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overheating

lol maybe that is why there taking so long to release to australia... it gets so freaking hot here. like 110f n your avg summer day and 50f in the dead of winter

To clarify I love the iPad but my advice to you is run from it. No way it can handle those temps.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the screen weren't on I would even know it was on. I've never felt it even slightly raise in temp, my iPod touch would get really hot when I played games.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Na... No Worries Mate! not a problem if it gets too hot down here we will just wrap the ipad in a few cans of ice cold Fosters or maybe design a portable Esky (cool box for americans)just for the ipad to keep it cool :D:D

Most reactions

Latest posts