What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Said to be Making Small Changes in Newest iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
new_iPad.JPG

Digitimes writes today that according to sources in Apple’s supply chain, Apple has made some minor adjustments to the newest iPad in recent weeks. According to the unverified report, Apple has enlarged the iPad’s lens hole, and is also looking into further steps that it can take to prevent overheating problems in the device, such as revising the battery. The sources say that aside from preventing overheating in the new iPad, revising the battery could also result in a slightly thinner and lighter version of the newest iPad. The sources say that this revised version of the iPad will be released in the holiday season, but they don’t say whether or not this slightly altered version will be announced as such, or if in fact Apple will simply just refresh the range without calling attention to it (as it did with the newer versions of the iPad 2 that are currently on the market).

Source: Latest iPad has undergone revisions, says sources

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have any overheating problems and the lighter/thinner thing is no big deal since I didn't notice any difference in weight between the 2 and 3.

So no upgrade for me and besides I just recently upgraded from 2 to 3 anyway so no need.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
I don't have any overheating problems and the lighter/thinner thing is no big deal since I didn't notice any difference in weight between the 2 and 3.

So no upgrade for me and besides I just recently upgraded from 2 to 3 anyway so no need.

There's significant weight and depth difference.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Ah, yup, the new iPad 3, is actually a wee bit bigger and slightly heavier than iPad 2.

But even so, but it packs a bigger payload of wallop...

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be good if there are improvements in battery life and charge time. I'm not excited about upgrading from iPad 1 and 2 to any device with less battery life and longer charge time.

Most reactions