What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overdrive App Help

angie95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm reading a library book on Overdrive. I want to get back to the Overdrive page. If I click the home screen then the Overdrive app it brings me back to the page I am reading. How can I get back to the Overdrive app home screen?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Angie...I am going to delete one of your other posts that you created for the same question listed above. Please avoid doing this since makes it difficult for members to follow the conversation and ability to help you if they can. This is also against forum rules.

Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries-now I am looking at my Overdrive app to see. It's been a while since I have rented a book, but if I remember--there should be a button to the left of the screen which you should be able to tap and return to your home page of overdrive.

OP
A

angie95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the clue. If my page isn't fully open, has the black bars top and bottom the button is on the top left for me to return to the home page of Overdrive.

No worries-now I am looking at my Overdrive app to see. It's been a while since I have rented a book, but if I remember--there should be a button to the left of the screen which you should be able to tap and return to your home page of overdrive.

suecan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also having a problem with overdrive. When moving from one chapter to the next while reading it takes ages to load and the spinning wheel just keeps turning. Right now I'm in the middle or reading Paris Wife ( which I purchased) and it's just stuck there- won't go backwards or forwards. Very frustrating!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Sue-sometimes the immediate fixes could remedy the problem.

Have you tried to do the following?

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clue. If my page isn't fully open, has the black bars top and bottom the button is on the top left for me to return to the home page of Overdrive.

Glad you were able to get it working!

Irenejd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right up front, I'll apologize. I can't seem to find the New Topic button, so I'll post my problem here.

I installed the latest Overdrive update on my IOS 6 IPad 2. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the What's New screen . It pops up every time I go to my bookshelf. I press the DONE button every time but it doesn't seem to believe me. I've tried closing the app, rebooting, and more.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right up front, I'll apologize. I can't seem to find the New Topic button, so I'll post my problem here.

I installed the latest Overdrive update on my IOS 6 IPad 2. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the What's New screen . It pops up every time I go to my bookshelf. I press the DONE button every time but it doesn't seem to believe me. I've tried closing the app, rebooting, and more.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It's not you - this stoopid pop-up appears every time I open Overdrive on my iPhone or iPad (both running iOS 5.1.1). So, the developers have a bug in their software (cause I can't believe they would deliberately leave that pop-up there to annoy Every. Time. You. Open. The. App). I have done as you - to include scrolling through to the end of the notice in hopes that would work...

However, all I can suggest is contacting the developer and asking them to fix it. Hopefully, they will.

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not you - this stoopid pop-up appears every time I open Overdrive on my iPhone or iPad (both running iOS 5.1.1). So, the developers have a bug in their software (cause I can't believe they would deliberately leave that pop-up there to annoy Every. Time. You. Open. The. App). I have done as you - to include scrolling through to the end of the notice in hopes that would work...

However, all I can suggest is contacting the developer and asking them to fix it. Hopefully, they will.

Marilyn

I haven't used Overdrive App in a while, my library card needs renewal--but will check out when I get it.

BTW, Marilyn I was reading your response couldn't help but laugh...almost choked on the coffee! ;)

Irenejd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'd love to contact the developer but I haven't been able to find a link to email or call. Anyone got one?
We can't be the only ones having this issue. Or can we? The app functions like a program developed in the 60’s!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to the App Store and look up the app, there is an "App Support" button. Pressing it opens Overdrive's support page and there is a contact link at the top right.

I'm not going to say that it'll help - because browsing the entire site leads me to believe they are more focused on support to librareis and schools. But, I could be a cynic and maybe they'll help. At least you will have told them... :)

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heh. Weird coincidence! The Overdrive app JUST got updated and it now gives the user the option to turn off the "what's new" screen at app start-up:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351552174.117310.jpg

How's that for pretty fast?! :D

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts