What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overdid ordering accessories - what a pain!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just purchased an iPad2 - arrived today after nearly a month delay (owner of an iPod Touch, so use to the interface) - but in the meantime, I decided to pick up some accessories w/o much thought - camera connection kit for my SD cards (no problem there), Apple keyboard - bluetooth but rather awkward to use w/ the iPad, and a folding Apple cover (well protects the glass monitor but does not seem to work well w/ its proposed other options!).

I plan to not only use this device @ home but also to mainly carry it 'on the road' - my QUESTION is whether there is some 'commercial' accessory that will allow the keyboard and the iPad to be positioned so the iPad is upright w/ the keyboard in front, i.e. like a standard laptop computer?

Will appreciate any suggestions - thanks all! :)

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchased an iPad2 - arrived today after nearly a month delay (owner of an iPod Touch, so use to the interface) - but in the meantime, I decided to pick up some accessories w/o much thought - camera connection kit for my SD cards (no problem there), Apple keyboard - bluetooth but rather awkward to use w/ the iPad, and a folding Apple cover (well protects the glass monitor but does not seem to work well w/ its proposed other options!).

I plan to not only use this device @ home but also to mainly carry it 'on the road' - my QUESTION is whether there is some 'commercial' accessory that will allow the keyboard and the iPad to be positioned so the iPad is upright w/ the keyboard in front, i.e. like a standard laptop computer?

Will appreciate any suggestions - thanks all! :)

Incase has something like what you are describing, Origami Workstation for iPad and Wireless Keyboard : Products By Incase.

I saw it at Best Buy tonight, so there is at least one local store (if you are in the US or where ever else BB is).

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use one of these,

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003SEDVBU/ref=s9_wishx_gw_p23_d58_i1?ie=UTF8&coliid=I39DU51QKF1UW1&colid=2USP6RASVGM9E&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1Y9RQDT9NBH2VSZE6WGG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128473&pf_rd_i=468294[/ame]

it works really well and because it folds to the side of, umm, well, say a small glasses case it is really good on the road. It's also surprisingly heavy duty and all for less than 10 quid......everyone is a winner!

The Archangel

Feanor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. I'm thinking of getting the Apple Keyboard too, but am unsure about whether it would be suitable for lap-top use. I'm unsure whether the Origami Workstation is solid enough for this too.

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks ALL for your prompt responses - seems to be a lot of options; since the keyboard is wireless, I guess the main issue is a stand the will hold the iPad in a vertical or horizontal position?

Seems like there are plenty of places offering a variety of products - I'll take a good look! :)

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same setup that you have. Ipad2, apple bluetooth keyboard and apple smart cover. The smart cover works great as a stand for the ipad in landscape mode. Some times folding so it is a vertical position takes a couple of tries, but once you get it you can move it away from the keyboard for better viewing. Using the smart cover as a stand also reduces the amount of stuff you have to carry when traveling. Hope you find something that works for you.

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Tom for your comments about the setup we have currently - I'm going to certainly give the 'smart cover' a try; I do like the way it fits the iPad and takes up little room.

I went ahead and ordered the item below from Amazon - cheap enough there - looks pretty sturdy and folds for convenient travel storage; this was recommended by another poster, and has a 5* rating there! :)

41VXqSrbEsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I give another vote for the Incase origami keyboard holder. It is exactly what you are looking for. The case neatly stores and holds the keyboard and when open it make an excellent stand for either portrait or landscape use. It looks like a mini laptop while using it! This allows you to take the Ipad alone or pack the small keyboard case also. I got mine at Best Buy locally. i think it was around $27.00. LOVE IT. Oh.it works with or without the smart cover folded over the back of the Ipad.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get on really well with one of these:
iPad Keyboard Case

It acts as a case for the iPad and can either be set up as a keyboard and screen or the keyboard folds out of the way behind to use it in IPad mode.

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks All for the many suggestions - I've ordered a few products and will wait until their arrival - give them a try and see if they will serve my needs; all are fairly inexpensive, so not a major investment; if not, will order something else! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts