What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overcharging issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarzan11_11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need a suggestion for not over charging my iPhone, iPad and iPod.
Is there any way I put my devices for charging for 2-3 hrs everyday during my sleep and the switch switches off automatically.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes that's the joy of Apple products. You can't overcharge them. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To be fair, very few modern devices can be overcharged. Lithium-ion batteries require a more intelligent charging solution than ni-cads. As a result overcharge protection/prevention is now pretty much standard.

OP
T

tarzan11_11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyways .. My wife's Sony laptop battery charging stops after a few hours, the battery charging led switches off too. But this is not the case of my DELL top. ..( 2.5 years old).. So, I still need some advice on timed charging ..

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Even at 2.5 years old it is unlikely the Dell will overcharge the battery. Some devices leave the charge light on to let you know it is plugged in. Others shut it off. It does not mean the battery is still being charged.

Check with Dell's support for your laptop to see what they say about charging, if you want a more definite answer. I very much doubt it is a concern.

You need to go back quite a few more years, to the ni-cad days, before overcharging is much of an issue. Even the last few generations of ni-cad products included overcharge protection.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tarzan11_11 said:
Thanks once again ..

PS: Dear moderator, pls close the thread

Asked nicely,,,,wish granted. :)

.................THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions