What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first ipad

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:
I have found that if my WiFi is poor it will not automatically switch to 3G like I thought it should.... I have to turn off WiFi to make it use 3G :(

Unfortunately, because it is detecting a wifi connection, no matter how weak it is, it will use that instead of 3g

Ah, ok at least I know mine is behaving normally :)

I thought that if the WiFi was weak and the 3G was strong then 3G would take over.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
Unfortunately, because it is detecting a wifi connection, no matter how weak it is, it will use that instead of 3g

That's a thought. I wish they had a wifi switch in the home dock by the volume and brightness. That would be SWEEET.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
HKWrite12 said:
That's a thought. I wish they had a wifi switch in the home dock by the volume and brightness. That would be SWEEET.

Although I don't have the 3G model, I agree it would be nice to be able to quickly switch rather than go into settings

That, or add it as an option on top of the rotation lock and mute

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also would like to be able to tap items in status bar and change them, kinda like an*r**d..... *coughs loudly*

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
HKWrite12 said:
I also would like to be able to tap items in status bar and change them, kinda like an*r**d..... *coughs loudly*

I honestly can not understand why apple limits the iPad so much

If the os was more open, or rather, had more features like flash etc, it would do even better than it already is

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
I honestly can not understand why apple limits the iPad so much

If the os was more open, or rather, had more features like flash etc, it would do even better than it already is

But would it cut down on JB?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
HK - 1st gen touch

Personally I like the iPad the way it is. Does all for me and no complaints. And, the nicest shock I got when I purchased it was that wifi is super ultra fast. I mean stupidly fast. Almost as fast as being plugged directly into the router.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
HK - 1st gen touch

Personally I like the iPad the way it is. Does all for me and no complaints. And, the nicest shock I got when I purchased it was that wifi is super ultra fast. I mean stupidly fast. Almost as fast as being plugged directly into the router.

I feel the same way. I'm watching Netflix right now, with no interruptions, no buffeting, etc. FLAWLESS!!!!

And my complaints were minor just to make it easier.

Most reactions