What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging problem

lilac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Off late I am facing problem in charging my iPad 2. When I am plugging the adapter with iPad, it sometime shows that it is charging and sometimes doesn't. I tried to charge my device on switch off mode, once it is plugged, the device is switching on by itself, but the icon on top right is showing not charging. Is there a problem with my adapter?
Can someone help?

Thanks,

Dasti

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure your not loosening the connection with the charger and the iPad. Sometimes a loose connection can cause this, especially if your trying to charge through a case.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lilac said:
Hi,

Off late I am facing problem in charging my iPad 2. When I am plugging the adapter with iPad, it sometime shows that it is charging and sometimes doesn't. I tried to charge my device on switch off mode, once it is plugged, the device is switching on by itself, but the icon on top right is showing not charging. Is there a problem with my adapter?
Can someone help?

Thanks,

Dasti

Are you trying to charge your iPad by plugging it into the USB port on your computer? Most USB ports do not supply sufficient power to do more than trickle charge your iPad when it is asleep. It may show as not charging. If you have been using the USB port to try charging your iPad, try plugging it into a wall socket using the supplied charging adaptor.

OP
L

lilac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply. I am using an adapter and charging through the plug. It looks like loose connection, however, the point is, when I plug my iPad 2 in 'power off mode' the device switches on without pressing the switch on button. But the battery icon does not change 'charging mode'. Not sure why this happening.

Reaction score
It might be a problem with your charger, this has happened to me before. My charger was bent at the top. I suggest trying a friends charger just to make sure. ;)

Hope this helped!

~A.R.T.H.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lilac said:
Sorry for late reply. I am using an adapter and charging through the plug. It looks like loose connection, however, the point is, when I plug my iPad 2 in 'power off mode' the device switches on without pressing the switch on button. But the battery icon does not change 'charging mode'. Not sure why this happening.

It' possible your charger is defective and is not supplying enough power to charge your iPad. Have you tested your iPad with another charger?

OP
L

lilac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
It' possible your charger is defective and is not supplying enough power to charge your iPad. Have you tested your iPad with another charger?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check with another iPad charger and see if mine is defective.

Most reactions

Latest posts