What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otterbox case

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing. Some of the sleeves are pretty nice but that Defender is a monster. I have a 17 month old so it would be perfect so I can at least let her play some of the games for kids on there without having to hold it for her.

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting also...I'm kinda hoping the price listed on their site is a typo($89). :D

Not a chance but IMO it's worth it if it can protect the iPad as well as I hear it's supposed to. I was also checking out the DodoCase but I am not sure I can wait that long (4-6 weeks) after ordering something.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing. Some of the sleeves are pretty nice but that Defender is a monster. I have a 17 month old so it would be perfect so I can at least let her play some of the games for kids on there without having to hold it for her.

Exactly the one I'm waiting for. I have a 2 and 3 1/2 year olds and they know not to touch daddys pad! This way I could feel safe with them playing a little.

EODtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have OTTERBOX QUESTIONS?

Give us a call at 888.695.8820.

OtterBox Mailing Address

Otter Products, LLC
1 Old Town Square
Suite 303
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Phone and Fax Numbers

Phone: 888.695.8820
Fax: 970.493.1755

Code54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I emailed them and they stated that no additional information is available but to please sign up on the web site so they will let you know when it is released
Also, I agree it looks like a great protective case!

BFawlty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have the Hardcandy buuble sleeve and was looking at the Otterbox commuter series, I wonder if it the Ipad would fit the buuble sleeve with this also installed? It looks like it would.

Chris

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called Otterbox today re:the Defender for iPad and was told that there is no projected release date. I mentioned that it's rather unusual for an unreleased product to be advertised with a price when ship date is unknown and was met with silence. So I'm thinking that this case has serious manufacturing issues.

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting also...I'm kinda hoping the price listed on their site is a typo($89). :D

I have been using Otterbox cases for the last 6 years, for my iPods. They have a line of waterproof cases that all me to use my iPod on my motorcycles. They are not cheap, but they do just what they are intended to do, protect your equipment.

90 bones is a small price to pay to protect your device. I would be skeptical if the price was much cheaper.

Pony up the money and be glad it will be protected.

wdpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bulky is the otter box for the bb curve with Nextel. The ob for the ihones inst too bad and since the iPad is so thin a little bulk for the kind of protection only an ob can give is worth it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Looks to clunky to me.

Now if they came out with an armor series I would get one right away, Pre-Order if possible. But I wont hold my breath, they made one for the original iPhone then discontinued it and never made one for the iphone 3g or 3gs.

How had can it be to make a waterproof case? If I was a case manufacturer that is what I'd be making. People are waiting for them, willing to pay a lot more for them, and you would have no competition. The only waterproof type things you can get for iphones/iPads are those water proof bags or one of those waterproof arm straps they sell for iPhones to listen to music while you swim.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waterproof is a lot harder than you think. It has to take hundreds of opening and closings to be practical. There is no way to use it while it is in the case, so it makes you wonder why. There are a lot of waterproof cases that will work very well, but they will be bulky. It goes wih the territory. If all you are worried about is splashing water, any heavy duty ziplock bag will do the job. If you plan on going down the river in a raft or canoe, get a pelican case for it.

Most reactions

Latest posts