What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

os 5 release date?

jessalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhhh i'm so excited! I've been waiting forever and can not wait any longer October fourth is too far away let alone the fourteenth!

P.S. I'm so glad all of you share my excitement because no one around me could care less. So YAY! CAN'T WAIT!!

Shakur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody have a release date for iOS 5 and hit
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by Staff of IPF in accordance with the Forum Rules

I'm glad they're perfecting it but it's taking months and that's bad for business. There must be over a million iPad users waiting for this more so than the iPhone 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhhh i'm so excited! I've been waiting forever and can not wait any longer October fourth is too far away let alone the fourteenth!

P.S. I'm so glad all of you share my excitement because no one around me could care less. So YAY! CAN'T WAIT!!
know what you mean,most people don't know what I'm talking about lol.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to IO5 too, but I don't understand the impatience of some users.

I don't think IOS 4 is so bad that it need immediate replacement??

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to IO5 too, but I don't understand the impatience of some users.

I don't think IOS 4 is so bad that it need immediate replacement??

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
no ios4 is great but 5 will be fantastic

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score

A couple of reasons I'm impatient for "5".

Although I use a stylus more often than my fingers to type on my iPad I'm really looking forward to trying the split keypad of 5. I can see myself using it a lot if it works as good as I hope it does.

I am hoping that with 5 and iCloud that there will be even better syncing of the data between "+" applications I have on my iPad and will have ('will' as I'll be changing over to an iPhone as soon as the new one comes on sale) on my iPhone. Enter information on my iPad and a second later have it on my new iPhone without having to think about syncing it. I presume that apps will have to be updated to take advantage of these new capabilities of iOS5/iCloud.

Although there are many other new features of 5 I'm looking forward to I'll mention one more that makes me impatient for 5. Notifications! You have to admit that notifications in 4 on the iPad leave a LOT to be desired. On 5 they seem to have been greatly improved making them a feature I'm impatient to see and use.

So, yes, I am impatient for the release of iOS5!:)

jessalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I don't care how crazy people think I am, I am so excited and so impatient for iOS 5. I am most excited about the notifications. I hate the way it's done now I miss so many notifications cause I get numerous ones at once. So I can't wait. Also same as Yarrenbool I am getting the new iPhone and can't wait for them to communicate with icloud. So yes excited and impatient :)

funtoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats great,will finally be able to play RR2HD on big screen using wireless Hdmi -Apple tv device ,using ipad2 and ios 5 to mirror game. I just hope they have fixed the lag going thru apple tv device that was announed in a forum. Tom

Can't wait for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grinchy said:
Just read in The Sunday Times that Apple is expected to release iOS5 on 4 October.

Just read on Apple's website that the upgrade will be free. I know most of us expected that it would be so, but there was some speculation that there would be a charge for it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple will never charge for iOS updates. The speculation was always completely groundless.

-t

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Anyone know of a web site where we can watch the Oct 4th Apple presentation streaming live?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sigh! I will be reading the live blog from my engadget app too. I do wish it was live though. The drama and the Just One More Thing.

Most reactions

Latest posts