What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS 3.2.1 is out!!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Done. Wifi seems more stable so far. But the problem was once every few hours, I still have to wait for some time.

Bremen, that illusion may have come from the reboot we had to perform.

OP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No placebo for me..WiFi strength is much better. My router is in the living room and I'm in my bedroom. Before the update I was only showing the "dot" on the icon. Now I'm at full bars and speed is faster unlike before.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded. We will see what happens. I never had any major issues, but I will take any improvement offered.

aruangra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could anyone check if there are more international keyboard layouts in this firmware update? I am interested in Korean and Thai keyboards in particular.
Thanks.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done some serious testing using the new update on a wifi only iPad and I am pleased to report I am no longer dropping wifi connection with my net gear n router. I also tested it at near by macdonalds where I have had intermittent problems again i held the wifi for 45 minutes no problem. I will make further tests on my corporate wifi at my office tomorrow as it has been a major problem connecting.
Apple has done the right thing with this issue they have had with wifi.
Cheers Colin

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought that my reception was better at first, but now I'm back down to the dot. My wifi is in my home office and i'm in the den. Now it's back up to two curves, I guess it's better.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yub,, I download and works great for me... I'm loven the Adobe Flash Player option now....
..... LOL.... Just kiden. :D:D

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how many of you "no problem" guys are jailbroken?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No JB here either. And just for S&G's, I kicked my router back up to N speed (I had cut it back to B/G only because it wouldn't hold a solid connection on some of my non-N stuff) and now my iPad screams! I suppose I could get one of those speed test apps just to make sure it's not a "placebo". I'll be sure and put that one my shopping list! Has anyone tested their iPad "before" and "after" the upgrade?

Talis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually hold off on upgrades for a few days to see what problems pop up first but I was so fed up with my wifi dropping every 5-10 mins I went ahead and did it. Result! Connection hasn't dropped once since then and everything else seems to be working the way it should so far.

Most reactions

Latest posts