What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One thing that Android does MUCH better than Apple

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to the person that suggested for me to request a return, I read the TOS that said they were final sales.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Matth3w said:
Thanks to the person that suggested for me to request a return, I read the TOS that said they were final sales.
Music is suppose to be final

Apps I have had several refunds

I did have a down load problem with a music album ie half the songs After an email they resent album

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that the idea of returning an app within 24 hours sounds good, but I would think developers would not be happy with that. Especially of items that are short time to live (games, magazines, books, etc). If I wanted to play Iron Man 2 for the three hours (as someone posted it took them earlier in the thread), then I could download it this evening.... play it straight through.... then return it later tonight. Or buy a single book app before leaving on a long flight, and return it at the end of the flight. I can think of a bunch of apps that I have purchased or DLed free that would fall into this category. Though I would be more likely to purchase OmniGraffle ($50) if I knew I could return it after 24 hour trial period. Right now the screenshots and reviews are not enough to convince me that this would be a helpful tool for me.

I am usually willing to pay $1 for a game that I can get a few hours out of, without worrying about returning it. I even don't have a problem spending $5 or $10 for an app that will get me several hours of entertainment (still cheaper than going to a movie). But I am more selective at this level, because I want to make sure that the item will at least meet that threshold. In those cases, I read the most critical reviews (either on the app store or through online reviews), which can give me an idea of the cons of a particular app. -- but I ignore the aggregate star ratings, as they have issues:

1. As will soon be addressed, deleting apps from the iDevice prompts for a review, so these are usually people unhappy with an app.
2. Scan the text reviews and there are many one-star reviews which have written comments of "great app", "must buy" and similar positive statements.
3. Some unscrupulous developers populate their ratings with 5 stars.
4. Over time, buyers are more likely to be the target audience and will slant the ratings toward others with similar interest/likes and dislikes.

In the end I believe it should be caveat emptor. With refunds reserved for the most extreme cases where descriptions were misleading, problems extreme or other like issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts