What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One thing that Android does MUCH better than Apple

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Developers buy their own apps and give themselves great reviews. That's why you'll see the first several reviews being so flattering on every app. The truthful ones usually follow.
That happens on both app stores though. You're never going to be able to really get around that. That's why when I bought the iBear app people posted after my review saying it didn't crash, which is bullshit.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Developers buy their own apps and give themselves great reviews. That's why you'll see the first several reviews being so flattering on every app. The truthful ones usually follow.
That happens on both app stores though. You're never going to be able to really get around that. That's why when I bought the iBear app people posted after my review saying it didn't crash, which is bullshit.

Math3w I hope your device isnt jailbroken. It well known that JB your device can cause apps to crash when they work fine on non JB devices. If thats the case you only have yourself to blame and not the developer of that app.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always try to actually talk to someone that has used the app first. I know this isn't always practical but it hasn't failed me yet. Nothing like getting it "from the horses mouth" ...
My wife and I are the only people I have met with iPads. And asking someone here on the forum is no different than reading a review. No offense to some people, but obviously some reviews are written by kids, and I don't like kids, nor their outlook on life so I certainly wouldn't take their review as gospel.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Math3w I hope your device isnt jailbroken. It well known that JB your device can cause apps to crash when they work fine on non JB devices. If thats the case you only have yourself to blame and not the developer of that app.
It is jailbroken, but wasn't when I bought the app. Futhermore, most of the reviews say it crashes. It's not just me. Not to mention, the one time they responded in broken Russian-English they said they were aware of the problem.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should also mention only my device is jailbroken, my wife's is not.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are always ways that can make the iTunes store better. If you work with Apple, they are usually good about making things right. My personal take on the app store is to be very cautious to make sure about the value. Apple does weed out many problems, but it doesn't hurt to check if it has been reviewed by places like MacWorld, Mac/life, etc.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad that Apple has given refunds, even though their ToC says they won't. I stand corrected.

Still, the OP has a good point. It should be that way. Ok, I research my apps very well and read reviews - but I've also been burned in the past.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think they refund...I'm still skeptical, so no reason for you to stand corrected quite yet. I'll keep you guys updated on my email, but I'm not confident.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have got several store credits for bad purchases, so I know it is possible. Just a couple weeks ago, I bought a song, through my own negligence, which wasn't the song I wanted, and I still got store credit for it. The same for apps that didn't work.

I didn't purchase Uno because of the reviews that mentioned bugs. However, look for MotionUno, I believe is the name. Same game, we've found only one bug that didn't stop our enjoyment of it. You can purchase the client for iPad, and use your iPhone, if you have it, as your hand. Played several games of it the other night, using iPhones, and it was quite enjoyable.

OUiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To weed through fake reviews or reviews that don't actually address the code is to look for reviews addressing crashing or freezing and such. Bad code is really your worst enemy. Not doing something you thought or hoped it would doesn't make it a crap app. Bad code or a false claim makes it a crap app.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention they refunded me the 15 bucks for UNO and iBearMoney today and gave me credit for three songs...so I guess they DO refund.

It still doesn't change my initial post one bit...that's somewhat of a dumb process to have to go through.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iTunes store as made it right for me on half dozen purchases without blinking an eye. It just takes a simple email to them explaining your problem/issues with your purchase. Also,,, defiantly make sure to leave a nice review on the APP your not happy with.. I've learned to stay away the APP's with bad reviews.....

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never look at the star rating, I mostly read reviews and hardly buy apps that I dont read about online at several different sites. I like to be an informed buyer. If its free I could careless but if I am going to spend more then 3$ mine as well read about it to not get mad that i bought a POS

Most reactions

Latest posts