What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Themed & Tweaked Screenshot Gallery

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not chokem, but, more than likely, the tweak is Springtomize 2 ($2.99, USD in Cydia) and the "CoverFlow Effect" has been turned on. There's a lot more that Springtomize can do, but this is one of the more noticeable affects. Very nice tweak, IMMSHO. :)

There's also a tweak in Cydia called "Cascade" that does the same thing (and only that). It's $0.99 (USD) at Cydia.

Marilyn

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-3356767469.jpg

Trying out a new background.

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
txteevee said:
Did you create this theme? I like it!

No but I feel like I did after all the manual work I had to do to get it to look like it does. It's the Black UPS HD theme.

Note: I'm also using Shrink to increase the icon size and hide the labels.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
TylerThomas said:
No but I feel like I did after all the manual work I had to do to get it to look like it does. It's the Black UPS HD theme.

Note: I'm also using Shrink to increase the icon size and hide the labels.

Thanks for the info. I will be downloading it. ;-)

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I like it. It's free. But I used IconHarvester to apply it, and I had to do some manual changes. One thing I came across with it was that the folder icon was too small. So I had to resize it myself in PS Touch. If you come across this same problem then let me know, and I'll give you a copy of the resized icon and tell you what to do with it.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
TylerThomas said:
Yeah I like it. It's free. But I used IconHarvester to apply it, and I had to do some manual changes. One thing I came across with it was that the folder icon was too small. So I had to resize it myself in PS Touch. If you come across this same problem then let me know, and I'll give you a copy of the resized icon and tell you what to do with it.

Cool!!! Thanks.

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm meant to post this here, but I'm having major issues with all the themes in winterboard. I finally, after waiting months, decided to update my ipad 2, to IOS 5.1. After doing that, I jailbroke it using absinthe. I managed to re-install most of the tweaks and add-ons i had before, but I'm having major problems sorting out my theme.

I first tried to get "glass Orbs" back, this was the theme I used previously. I don't really use mana features of themes, just icons, as I like my own backgrounds and wallpapers. Most of the icon's won't change, only really the folders and minimal other apps, like app store work. Even the majority of the built-in apps won't change icons. I thought maybe it was something to do with the theme, so I tried Blackhaz3 HD, same problem; but with this theme I also can't change the wallpaper or lock screen wallpaper. Even tried using back office in ifiles and changing the pictures that way. Any help? Are these things just not compatible with the new IOS?

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here are a couple of screen shots to show what i mean, when the folder is open, it shows wallpaper, but vanishes when you close the folder. Also, it appears that only the build-in apps are effected in regards to the icon problem.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• image-2585619308.jpg
    image-2585619308.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 301
  • image-2032105166.jpg
    image-2032105166.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 285

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple changes a lot of file names when they release an updated iOS (I think it's their way at getting back at jailbreakers/themers :)). So, you'll have to change the file names in the theme to match the actual file names on the device. Then, they'll work.

Have you tried going to the support page as mentioned within the themes's description on Cydia? Oftentimes, the discussion there helps to figure out what you need to change to get the affect right. Then, there is always the option to contain the theme author...

Sorry to not be of better help. But, from what I can see, this theme has not been updated since iOS 5 came out (last update was July 9, 2011). So, it's a matter of digging around to find solutions.

Marilyn

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fair enough, thanks for the fast response. Looks like I might stay theme free for a while. Trying out the 'Mask' tweak, gives it that jailbroken styling, less hassle than changing icon names, and I can keep my backgrounds. I will carry on checking around the net, to see when they update some more of the themes.

Thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts