What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official - release dates and preorder! APRIL

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be preordering mine next Friday just to make sure I get one. I'm worried there will still be a shortage the first few weeks.

I'll also probably go down to the Apple Store to see the madness :)

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to the press release we should see the iPad 3G models available in late April.

"The Wi-Fi + 3G models will be available in late April for a suggested retail price of $629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB and $829 for 64GB. iPad will be sold in the US through the Apple Store® (Apple), Apple’s retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers"

Hey,

justa question does this mean the 3gplus wifi will be available in may or june what do you guys think?

rag1247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in the past, I believe with iphone, a "reservation" did not guarantee that one would be waiting at the store for you

Richard
ft lauderdale

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good find, thanks. Apple stock is up HUGE today!

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Apple resellers that that don't charge sales tax in California?
$499 sales tax is $ 41.17. For that amount of money I would rather upgrade to the 32GB model.

esad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan on preordering on March 12th on Apple.Com. I have never jumped in on an opening day preorder. Would I be correct in believing that preorders would start on the Apple site at 12:01 AM EST on March 12th? Also, since I live in Phoenix, AZ, am I correct that I should be able to order at 10:01 PM MST? I don't want to lose any more sleep than I have to. Thanks.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Preordering?

I have never preordered before either and would like to know how difficult it is to get through online. I assume they will send an email out to the people who have requested to be notified and than you would have the option to preorder with a link from that email Or do you just get in line on the computer EST at midnight and hope you can get it done. Does anyone know?:confused:

Eeyore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Apple resellers that that don't charge sales tax in California?
$499 sales tax is $ 41.17. For that amount of money I would rather upgrade to the 32GB model.

Rudeman, the only way I know of to get around this is to wait a while until Amazon finally offers the ipads for sale. Amazon does not collect sales tax from those of us in California. Bestbuy and Apple does collect sales tax, even if you try and order it off the net.

All the best.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about MacMall? Don't remember if my last order from them charged sales tax here in Texas, but have no clue about CA. Check them out. My stuff usually gets out here in RURAL Texas in about 4 days c/ regular UPS shipping.

Eeyore

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You might want to order one now. California is currently in the process of passing legislation to tax all internet sales. See here:

California Seeks Amazon Tax (ABX8 8) ? Law and Legal Research

Assembly Bill X8-8 may be signed by the governor due to the current financial crisis California is in.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to order one now. California is currently in the process of passing legislation to tax all internet sales. See here:

California Seeks Amazon Tax (ABX8 8) ? Law and Legal Research

Assembly Bill X8-8 may be signed by the governor due to the current financial crisis California is in.

Not directly related to California, but just as an informative aside, Many states already 'technically' do tax Internet and mail order purchases. Taxes are not collected at the time of the sale (usually), but for example, the Ohio State tax forms specifically ask if you made any Internet or Mail order purchases that were not taxed and calculate how much sales tax you owe on them... Yeah... Right... Like anyone is going to answer that question honestly! LOL

Most reactions

Latest posts