What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G Official Release Date

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has confirmed that the official release date for the 3G iPad will be Friday April 30th. Pre-orders will be received at that time as well as in store availability.

From Apple:

iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Models Available in US on April 30

CUPERTINO, California—April 20, 2010—Apple® today announced that the Wi-Fi + 3G models of its magical iPad™ will be delivered to US customers who’ve pre-ordered on Friday, April 30, and will be available in Apple retail stores the same day starting at 5:00 p.m.

iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before. Users can browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad’s revolutionary Multi-Touch™ user interface. iPad Wi-Fi + 3G models are just 0.5 inches thick and weigh just 1.6 pounds—thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook—and deliver up to 10 hours of battery life for surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching videos or listening to music, and up to nine hours of surfing the web using a 3G data network.*

Apple retail stores will offer a free Personal Setup service to every customer who buys an iPad at the store, helping them customize their new iPad by setting up their email, loading their favorite apps from the App Store, and more. US Apple retail stores are also hosting special iPad workshops to help customers learn more about this magical new product

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is going to be a busy day the Apple stores across the U.S. that day and the following weekend.

Happy Days to those who order the 3G models, I am sure you are going to love it.

I love my 32GB WIFI :)

Last edited:

jmkiska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We finally got our definition:

"late April" = Friday, April 30th

All I need to know now is if it shipping by UPS or FedEX. UPS usually gets here around 10:30AM, but FedEX doesn't get here until 4:00PM. Sure hope it is UPS, just like the WiFi models back on the 3rd.

Most reactions

Latest posts