What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ahhhgggg I dont believe it. I have spent all day installing my favorite tweaks and now my ipad 2 is stuck on the apple logo. Tried everything but no good. I really cant face restoring and jailbreaking again. Seriously fed up now:(

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
superhoops said:
Ahhhgggg I dont believe it. I have spent all day installing my favorite tweaks and now my ipad 2 is stuck on the apple logo. Tried everything but no good. I really cant face restoring and jailbreaking again. Seriously fed up now:(

Hold power + home until the screen goes black then release both and hold volume up during reboot until it finishes booting. This disables substrate entirely so you can remove whatever tweak is incompatible with your current build.

Attachments

• image-3874156568.jpg
    image-3874156568.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 183

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hold power + home until the screen goes black then release both and hold volume up during reboot until it finishes booting. This disables substrate entirely so you can remove whatever tweak is incompatible with your current build.

Nooooooo!!! I didnt know that one, I've gone and restored it now I'm too impatient!!! I googled it as well but came up with nothing useful.
Thanks for that tip, I'd never heard of holing the volume control up after releasing the two buttons, I'll know for next time, cheers

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
superhoops said:
I'd never heard of holing the volume control up after releasing the two buttons, I'll know for next time, cheers

It's a relatively new feature, It was released in April. At least you know now. :)

Mbagni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all! Thanks to the guide provided by Sweet Poison the passage from the older jail brake and the new one went smooth.

Almost everything worked immediately with the exception of the use of the command ifuse under Linux in order to connect to the root of the iPad through the USB cable.

Before the upgrade to ios 5.1.1 and with the previous jb it worked like charm. It refuses to start the afc services needed to make this connection work. Any other of you have experienced the same problem? I repeat: command ifuse on the Linux PC and connection between the units through USB cable ( this way you get a throughput of about 6 MB/s).

Thanks in advance.

Makinnard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when will there be support for ipad2,4? is there any form of timeframe for it?

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Successful JB yesterday on my iPad2,1 (wifi only, 32Gig, 5.1.1) without restoring to original state first. I just backed up the unit (it's about half full, 13 gigs free) and set Absinthe to work. Took a bit over a half hour. I disabled my firewall first and disconnected from Internet access, but don't know if that was necessary--just being cautious. I kept moving the mouse every few minutes so my XP netbook wouldn't go to sleep, again don't know if it was necessary.

Earlier attempts to JB with the first versions of absinthe didn't work, so I gave up on the JB notion for months. Just decided to try again with the new JB version, what the heck. Now I have my 5-row keyboard again, though I had to buy iKeywi HD for iPad (searched the forum to find that tip) in order to get it.

Sent from a classified location.

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absinthe 2.0.2 is out with support to the revisioned firmware of iPhone 4 GSM firmware 9b208.

Sent from my iPad 64Gb JB 5.1.1 using iPF

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys,

1. Are there any known issues of iPad2 5.1.1 JB with Absinthe? For instance something won't work after the JB or work not properly? No known issues?

2. I really don't want to factory reset and then restore. I have really a bad history with backup/restore. My iPad2 is with 32GB which is 70% occupied with data. How long it would take to JB (before starting a panic) if I will skip the factory reset step?

Thanks!!!

mls1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A reset isn't required to do this, it's just advised as the process goes a little quicker. It took me 15mins to do the jailbreak without doing anything other than running it.

johnnynunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
The first time you open Cydia, it is supposed prepare the file system and then close automatically. Are you saying that it's not even doing that?

If so, try to restart or reset your iPad and try to open Cydia again. As this jailbreak is so new, a LOT of people are trying to get to Cydia to get their favorite tweaks and such. The servers are overloaded and sometimes you may have to keep trying before your iPad can connect. Hang in there ... it will slow down! :)

Marilyn

Mckey tks, was a bad jb. Restore ipad via itunes, then jb again and everithing is working greath now...
Tks all

Mbagni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wish to share with you a conflict that I have discovered between two Cydia packages: Netatalk and afc2add.

Afc2add allows the connection through the USB cable between a PC and the iPad. Under Linux you need to use "ifuse" and under Windows there is the nice free program named iPhoneBrowser.

The advantage into connecting to you iPad through the USB cable and the AFC services gives you a transfer speed of about 6MB/s (about 2-3 times faster than using FTP).

Unfortunately I installed the package Netatalk and I discovered that this package conflicts with the AFC service and the nice USB connection works no longer.

So keep in mind this conflict and you will save a nasty headache! ;)

Cheers to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts