What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you change your hosts file back to apple servers the normal itunes restore will work. I've downloaded the 5.1.1 update twice today and it took less than 5 minutes. (To change hosts you can just run Tiny Umbrella and uncheck the "Set hosts to Cydia on exit" box in the advanced settings.)

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you change your hosts file back to apple servers the normal itunes restore will work. I've downloaded the 5.1.1 update twice today and it took less than 5 minutes. (To change hosts you can just run Tiny Umbrella and uncheck the "Set hosts to Cydia on exit" box in the advanced settings.)

I did change the host back but even iTunes is saying 5 hours to download! Well SEVEN HOURS NOW!

cdzo72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad 2 to 5.1.1 in anticipation of the jailbreak, now I try to jailbreak this morning and it doesn't work, let me explain doesn't work...
1) Reset everything
2) Ran absinthe as administrator
3) Absinthe recognizes my device (iPad 2 Wfi/3G 64GB model A1396)
4) Absinthe runs its course, iPad says it has done everything, but at the end of it all I have no Cydia or anything else that may look like it's jailbroken

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad 2 to 5.1.1 in anticipation of the jailbreak, now I try to jailbreak this morning and it doesn't work, let me explain doesn't work...
1) Reset everything
4) Absinthe runs its course, iPad says it has done everything, but at the end of it all I have no Cydia or anything else that may look like it's jailbroken
Many are reporting exact issue with iPad 2 today. You'll have to wait for an Absinthe update when the Devs are done their conference. Thus happened last time with one particular iDevice on Absinthe. Some are saying a full restore thru iTunes before Jailbreaking solved it for them - and others say that didn't help either.

rey_1178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) Reset everything

Follow the steps in this post http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread-60.html#post556872

Skip the reset everything step.did nothing for me.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hotelmrrsn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you sure it complteted then sounds like it did not

as for tellin if you have 2.4 if its a wifi only model that came with 5.1 its prob a 2.4 also one on the benchmark tools can tell you too

confirmed, installed Linpack (free) and it displays it nicely. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337974095.526731.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makinnard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea i have thge ipad2.4 too absinthe says that my ipad in not compatibal so i guess I STILL have to wait.....

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea i have thge ipad2.4 too absinthe says that my ipad in not compatibal so i guess I STILL have to wait.....

sorry how do you know if you have an Ipad2.4 ? I have an IPAD2 GSM, IPAD2 on numbers now confuses me

Makinnard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
c_strong said:
sorry how do you know if you have an Ipad2.4 ? I have an IPAD2 GSM, IPAD2 on numbers now confuses me

I believe if you bought the iPad 2 after the iPad 3 came out it is the new iPad 2 and it would of came default with iOS 5.1

Hotelmrrsn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

install Linpack from the app store (free) and as soon as you run it, you'll see your version listed on the screen.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that there is an update to the jailbreak, to fix the empty sources folders in cydia? Anyone else heard that? Not that it really pertains to me at this point cuz I can't even get the darn jailbreak to fully download, still getting the lockdown error

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
install Linpack from the app store (free) and as soon as you run it, you'll see your version listed on the screen.

Tried it, it shows iPad2.2/2cores/1000Mhz

so am I included in the list of JB?

(from greenpoison site) is my ipad 2 in below red text ?

iPad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts