What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rey_1178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The newer iPad 2,4 units should come with iOS 5.1 preloaded, while any older iPad 2,1 stock may have 5.0.1 or older. But the most accurate way to tell is by looking at what a utility like Geekbench will tell you about the hardware (Update: there are other free utilities that can serve the same purpose, Linpack and Battery Life Pro are two examples)
i see. mine came with 5.0.1 . i will check out those apps. thanks!

rey_1178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The newer iPad 2,4 units should come with iOS 5.1 preloaded, while any older iPad 2,1 stock may have 5.0.1 or older. But the most accurate way to tell is by looking at what a utility like Geekbench will tell you about the hardware (Update: there are other free utilities that can serve the same purpose, Linpack and Battery Life Pro are two examples)

linpack says iPad2,1 /2 cores/ 1000 mhz. so it seems i have an Ipad2,1

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine came with 5.0.1 so I guess I can't JB! I really think this was irresponsibility on pog's part as well as those who reported the JB release NOT to make this more clear! Now there are many people who updated to 5.1.1 in anticipation of the JB and now have a STOCK device who were once jailbroken. Luckily I was more cautious but I am just as frustrated for those who started the jailbreak.

I just ran Linpack & I'm on iPad 2,1.....I can't believe there is THAT much of a difference in hardware!

If your pad came with 5.0.1 then you should be able to jailbreak, update to 5.1.1 before you do. (and remember to save your shsh blobs)

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI if you see I have this error "Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreakin, unplug your device and plug it back in." it means it failed not worked

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your pad came with 5.0.1 then you should be able to jailbreak, update to 5.1.1 before you do. (and remember to save your shsh blobs)

How do you figure? I thought they just said you HAVE to have a ipad 2,4? Or did I read it wrong? See this is why it should be stated more clearly! Too many assumptions...thanks for your help!!!

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absinthe 2.0 supports the following devices:

iPad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3
iPhone2,1 – 3,1 – 3,3 – 4,1
iPod3,1 – 4,1

(Support for iPad2,4 will be added at a later date)

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it dont work my mate has just tried on his iphone 4 4s 3g and ipod and nothing i have tried now on ipad1 ipad 2 and other halfs iphone 4s and same thing summit went wrong restoring Edited by Moderator - watch your language, this is a family friendly forum, not a bar!

Last edited by a moderator:

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone managed to JB any thing with absinth2.0 lol

Last edited:

okkim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jailbreaked both my iPad2 64gb 3G and iPhone 4S 16gb without any problems. Well, actually one, but I don't know if I wasn't patient enough...

Steps I took:
0.5) Reseted all settings and files from both devices => Took forever and didn't seem to do anything, so.... (advance to step 1)
1) Put device to DFU-mode and restored already downloaded firmwares on iTunes (http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html)
2) Ran Absinthe 2.0 in Windows 7 (I'm already admin so no questions asked, disabled firewall just in case)
3) After Absinthe did it's job, clicked Cydia icon and voila, everythings ok.
4) Now my iPhone is restoring all my apps from iTunes so I guess that everythings really ok.

duff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here on Ipad 2 Wi-fi only. Mind you, Absinthe took 37 minutes to install Jailbreak. So, when they ask you to be patient they mean it. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts