What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgreensuperhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not working for me. After a long scrolling DOS box on the laptop it disappears and nothing else happens. Particularly annoyed as I have reset my ipad to factory fresh as well

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did not work on my ipad 2 3g running 5.1.1 gets to wait for process to complete and fails

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not working for me. After a long scrolling DOS box on the laptop it disappears and nothing else happens. Particularly annoyed as I have reset my ipad to factory fresh as well

lol thats it unarchiving files try entering new folder and click program there

vividenigma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mls1 said:
It says that iPad 2 with 5.1.1 isn't supported.

It's ipad2,4 basicly the newest iPad2s I think the ones that came out after the ipad3 started shipping

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's ipad2,4 basicly the newest iPad2s I think the ones that came out after the ipad3 started shipping

Well how are we supposed to know WHICH ipad we have? I don't see anything that says ipad 2,4 in the settings? You'd think it would be posted more CLEARLY before it was released! Pog only said 5.1.1 in the tweets I read. At least I didn't update to 5.1.1 before reading this thread! EPIC FAIL!!

vividenigma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you guys run as an administrator? I am about to try backing up right as we speak.

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you sure it complteted then sounds like it did not

as for tellin if you have 2.4 if its a wifi only model that came with 5.1 its prob a 2.4 also one on the benchmark tools can tell you too

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skedon said:

as for tellin if you have 2.4 if its a wifi only model that came with 5.1 its prob a 2.4 also one on the benchmark tools can tell you too

It said it had completed. Tried it twice and still no Cydia

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mate i dont have a ipad2,4 and it failed for me too lol infact there is a lot of people its failing on and on all devices not just ipad

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The newer iPad 2,4 units should come with iOS 5.1 preloaded, while any older iPad 2,1 stock may have 5.0.1 or older. But the most accurate way to tell is by looking at what a utility like Geekbench will tell you about the hardware (Update: there are other free utilities that can serve the same purpose, Linpack and Battery Life Pro are two examples)

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Mine came with 5.0.1 so I guess I can't JB! I really think this was irresponsibility on pog's part as well as those who reported the JB release NOT to make this more clear! Now there are many people who updated to 5.1.1 in anticipation of the JB and now have a STOCK device who were once jailbroken. Luckily I was more cautious but I am just as frustrated for those who started the jailbreak.

I just ran Linpack & I'm on iPad 2,1.....I can't believe there is THAT much of a difference in hardware!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions