What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok everyone, I got it!!! It was hell, but I got it.

I had to start the ipad completely fresh. Just like you got it out of the box. That was the only way I could jail break

Moriath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice one mike, it's strange how jailbreaks differ from person to person.......such is the way of J.B's

I already ahd a vpn profile installed on my ipad2 and got the same thing the absinthe thing saying there for hours ..

After deleting the vpn profile all worked fine.

It was trying to log in with my details from my work vpn and not the jailbreak vpn...

probably what mike had as a restore would wipe that :)

Meph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I decided to just do it and see. I restored the backup I made before I did the factory reset. All my settings are back, my folders, contacts, etc. Cydia is working just fine. Now I just need to sync my apps and i'm right where I started + Cydia. =)

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to reset my iPad 2 and 4S to get the command line jailbreak to work earlier. It was well worth it, the cloud still had my contacts, etc. and pretty much all my data lives in Dropbox.

This new jailbreak is so fast! Just flys compared to 4.3.3

djbin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How come Cydia saved shsh blobs for 4.3.5 when I've never even had that? It was supposed to be 4.3.3 for my iPad 2.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKES3 said:
Ok everyone, I got it!!! It was hell, but I got it.

I had to start the ipad completely fresh. Just like you got it out of the box. That was the only way I could jail break

I told you this!!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it may be a question made millions of times,but.

I Jailbreaked my ipad2 with success. EDITED BY MODERATOR!

REMOVED DUE TO PIRACY!! Read the rules! Don't be a pirate!! No help here!

Last edited by a moderator:

nefeit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Super smooth windows installation. Maybe 5 minutes tops!! My first time ever JBing and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was.

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for my post before, did not remember about that can't talk about this here.

Will google for it.

Sent from my iPad 64Gb using iPF

sic0048

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easy jailbreak, but disappointed to find out that 5 row keyboard isn't available for iOS5 yet. That and RetinalPad were the two major reasons I wanted my JP back.

iloco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to say that I did the jailbreak using the cmd method and had no problems. It took about 5 minutes. Followed the instructions and it went smoothly.

Grither

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i must be one of the few not having any luck with the windows version... it stays at the 'preparing for jailbreak' stage for about 30 minutes then i get a windows message saying 'absinthe has stopped working'

during the prep phase i can see a little wheel turning in the upper left of the ipad so i think the backup stage is happening.

i have a pretty huge comic library on the ipad, probably 30 gb or more (my ipad is 64gb) so i assume that's why its taking so long, but i'm not sure why it keeps failing.

any suggestions?

Meph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i must be one of the few not having any luck with the windows version... it stays at the 'preparing for jailbreak' stage for about 30 minutes then i get a windows message saying 'absinthe has stopped working'

during the prep phase i can see a little wheel turning in the upper left of the ipad so i think the backup stage is happening.

i have a pretty huge comic library on the ipad, probably 30 gb or more (my ipad is 64gb) so i assume that's why its taking so long, but i'm not sure why it keeps failing.

any suggestions?

I had the same problems. I tried it about 10 times on 2 different PCs. Same thing, just sat on the first part until it stopped working. What I did was backup to my PC, then restore it to factory. Rebooted my PC. Ran Absinthe as Admin and it worked perfectly. Once it was done I restored my backup to get my settings back, then I sync'd my apps. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions