What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamey112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as i start to jailbreak my ipad 2 device (5.01) it says that "The attached device has a backup password set. You need to disable the backup password in Itunes before you continue. Start iTunes,remove the backup password and start this program again."
When I go onto itunes and press on my ipad and try to uncheck the encrypted backup, it does not let me...it is just grey. Is there a solution to this?

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I can send any .ipa file to the iPad?

Sent from my iPad 64Gb using iPF

flamey112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as i start to jailbreak my ipad 2 device (5.01) it says that "The attached device has a backup password set. You need to disable the backup password in Itunes before you continue. Start iTunes,remove the backup password and start this program again."
When I go onto itunes and press on my ipad and try to uncheck the encrypted backup, it does not let me...it is just grey. Is there a solution to this?
Or do i just restore my ipad to factory settings..jailbreak...then backup OR do i sync apps only...(will backup take away jailbreak or ruin anything..please reply in a detailed manner TY)

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just clear the password you use to activate the device in Settings and do the JB then you can re-activate the password.

flamey112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just clear the password you use to activate the device in Settings and do the JB then you can re-activate the password.

by password u mean i can clear the encrypted backup password?? (by settings u mean in ipad or in itunes?)

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings - General under where you set the time for the Automatic Blocking you find the voice to clear the password. All this in the iPad settings.

flamey112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings - General under where you set the time for the Automatic Blocking you find the voice to clear the password. All this in the iPad settings.

did u not read my first post.. ***Edited by Moderator***..im not talking about the passcode for locking/unlocking my ipad...gosh seriously...dont reply if u dont know anything

**Please don't be rude! He was trying to help. Don't reply if you have to be rude!**

Last edited by a moderator:

mkucuksari

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many Thanks

As my first jailbreak, everything did well and now I have an Ipad 2 Wifi+3G with jailbreaked.

Many thanks for our great developer and supporters. Donate will also come :). Time to go to sleep.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
I told you this!!

Lol... Yeah you did. I may have done something incorrectly. It usually is human error when something goes wrong.

Thanks for you help

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Meph said:
I had the same problems. I tried it about 10 times on 2 different PCs. Same thing, just sat on the first part until it stopped working. What I did was backup to my PC, then restore it to factory. Rebooted my PC. Ran Absinthe as Admin and it worked perfectly. Once it was done I restored my backup to get my settings back, then I sync'd my apps. Good luck.

Same problem here. I had to reboot the iPad like it was when I got it out of the box. Otherwise nothing else works and you'll get angry like I did.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKES3 said:
Lol... Yeah you did. I may have done something incorrectly. It usually is human error when something goes wrong.

Thanks for you help

Haha oh well least it worked!

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MOST COMMONLY USED TWEAKS NOT WORKING WITH this JAILBREAK :-

1. gRAVIBOARD
2. Overboard
3. Locktopus
4. Lockdown Pro
5. barrel [Some transitions only...make the homescreen (winterboard) act weirdly]
6. Remove background [Removes all active apps in background]..installing but not working..

Most of the time when u download these tweaks the springboard keeps asking you to go into SAFE MODE or RESTART..as a result u have to remove them from cydia in the end!

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
Remove background [Removes all active apps in background]..installing but not working..
Working fine on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i dont know..when i press the REMOVE BACKGROUND icon in the sbsettings my iPAD just resprings and no apps are closed..and it tell me to restart or keep using in safe mode!

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a heads-up for everyone. After JB and installing several Cydia apps, I had a strange and rather severe issue with my iPad. For all info, see this thread :

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread-94.html#post424114

After my iPad was working fine again, I started installing each Cydia app separately and re-booting right after to see if the issue again poped up. My conclusion is :

Either ManualCorrectPro and/or DietBar caused the problem. My guess is DietBar, because ManualCorrect (the regular version) works without any problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts