What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
take a chill pill FIRST!.

tell me what mode ur device is in now?

:) Ok have taken my pill.

Ipad is now on normally. I have also tried DFU mode to do restore using Itunes, but getting errors 1602, 21. So can't do restore.

The problem is I can't go into Cydia for de-installing, or installing SBsettings...that one has Safe mode option and will help me solve this. But I can't install SBsettings, because Cydia isn't responsive to touch...

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKES3 said:
How is that possible? Its a downloaded program

Try running it as an admin, all I did was run it from my desktop, walk me through the steps your doing.

So your backing up to iTunes? (not the cloud)

Then restoring from iTunes 5.0.1?

Then setting up as a new iPad?

Then running absinthe?

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) Ok have taken my pill.

Ipad is now on normally. I have also tried DFU mode to do restore using Itunes, but getting errors 1602, 21. So can't do restore.

The problem is I can't go into Cydia for de-installing, or installing SBsettings...that one has Safe mode option and will help me solve this. But I can't install SBsettings, because Cydia isn't responsive to touch...

can u access ir ipad in normal mode? or is it stuck on apple logo when u press da power button?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKES3 said:
Whats that suppose to mean?

Mike just answer the questions I'm trying to help you, there's no point Arguing with the mods, I know it's frustrating!

@sweetpoison, windows seems to be crashing absinthe this wouldn't be because everyone is doing it lol that's the next part, this is probably due to memory or maybe config issues.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try running it as an admin, all I did was run it from my desktop, walk me through the steps your doing.

So your backing up to iTunes? (not the cloud)

Then restoring from iTunes 5.0.1?

Then setting up as a new iPad?

Then running absinthe?

Correct, Thats exactly what I did. However when I press teh jail break button I'll notice it begins the process. A partial shade of blue appears on the upload bar, but then it just stays there until I get the windows message stating the program is not responding

yes, backed up to itunes running as a new ipad meaning i didnt up load the stuff i've backed up

I currently run ios 5.0.1

Last edited:

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKES3 said:
Correct, Thats exactly what I did. However when I press teh jail break button I'll notice it begins the process. A partial shade of blue appears on the upload bar, but then it just stays there until I get the windows message stating the program is not responding

I currently run ios 5.0.1

Hmm, where you running it from desktop? Or c drive?

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, where you running it from desktop? Or c drive?

at first i was running from desk top. Uninstalled and reinstalled it so I can open up in c drive but no good on that either

its sitting in the downloads file in the c drive as of now

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKES3 said:
at first i was running from desk top. Uninstalled and reinstalled it so I can open up in c drive but no good on that either

its sitting in the downloads file in the c drive as of now

Ok try restarting your computer if you already haven't. Next (I'm not sure if this matters) but have you used tinyumbrella recently? It may have changed your host settings? May not be relevant tho.

I've Jailbroken my iPhone and my iPad now perfectly fine apart from I had to do the iPad twice.

Maybe try downloading the JB package again may have got corrupted.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SWEET!!! I'm am now JB on my ipad 64gb wifi 3G :thumbs::D

Thanks to all those involved. Donation coming if someone post the link for me please. :D

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok try restarting your computer if you already haven't. Next (I'm not sure if this matters) but have you used tinyumbrella recently? It may have changed your host settings? May not be relevant tho.

I've Jailbroken my iPhone and my iPad now perfectly fine apart from I had to do the iPad twice.

Maybe try downloading the JB package again may have got corrupted.

No Tinyumbrella on my device

I just tried re-installing and still no go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts