What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Step 1: it works provided u follow the instructions.......

Step 2: Go to Start menu and click on Run
Step 3: Type CMD.exe
Step 4: Type without quotes: “cd cinject_0.4.3″
Step 5: Execute command: “cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig” [Execute command means write in CMD.exe what's written inside quotes, without quote signs]
Step 6: Approve Install request on your device. Next > Next > Finish, no need to enter password
Step 7: Execute command: “cinject.exe -j payloads” Wait for backup
Step 8: Execute command: “cinject.exe -w”
Step 9: Run Absinthe app from device Home screen. If you get error establishing database connection error then launch Settings.app on your device and turn on VPN settings

I found this is fail on step 8 , i got the command box with the processes just conintuing for 15-20 mins seem to failing on something, lots of numbers and 00x's so i just quit, ill wait no biggy

Try going to Settings on iPad and activate VPN. I did it and he process immediately went on....

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyway to restore your backup from the cloud once you've jailbroke??

also when I attempted to JB with the CLI tool my photos, reminders and settings apps where all white..

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
some CYDIA TWEAKS not working properly and some not working at all...hope they update soon :)

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those waiting for the Windows GUI version (the simple one where you just click a button), Nikias just tweeted the following 19 minutes ago "Ok folks, last remaining issues of the windows version of #Absinthe have been resolved. Just a few tests and we'll release it :)"

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
Those waiting for the Windows GUI version (the simple one where you just click a button), Nikias just tweeted the following 19 minutes ago "Ok folks, last remaining issues of the windows version of #Absinthe have been resolved. Just a few tests and we'll release it :)"

Awesome! Thank god!
Do u have the link for his tweet please? Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Crimsonskinns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
following some folks on twitter.:eek:

thanks...cant even tell me who? real nice.

thank you, this was the answer i was looking for wookiee.

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys i did a restore from xbackup and after a reboot my ipad is sstuck on apple logo!

what should i do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions