What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Proof (just for fun!)

365301b0.jpg

ashtemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it did take a while, but it really is simple:
plug in
back up
open jailbreak and run
leave for 15-20 mins
turn on vpn
open the jail break app on screen
DONE!

PinkPrincess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering if any1 could give me conformation ... i got my ipad 2 at xmas with ios 5.0.1 already installed has anyone tried jailbreaking with a ipad 2 which came with ios 5.0.1 i know it prob wont make a diffrence but id like to be just sure , cant be to careful :)

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not all tweaks work on iOS 5, see this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html The ones in blue are confirmed to work in iOS 5. I think that is the only hindrance you face, you don't have the blobs for 4.3.3 so should you ever need to restore you lose your JB. With iOS 5 you can't downgrade to a previous version of iOS 5 (at least as it stands now) so should you have a problem and need to restore you will lose your JB as well. At least with iOS 5.0.1 you will have some of the new notification features and what not. Plus some app updates require iOS 5 and up. I would upgrade but that is my personal opinion.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering if any1 could give me conformation ... i got my ipad 2 at xmas with ios 5.0.1 already installed has anyone tried jailbreaking with a ipad 2 which came with ios 5.0.1 i know it prob wont make a diffrence but id like to be just sure , cant be to careful :)

It doesn't make a difference, the only thing that matters is that your iPad 2 is on 5.0.1. Be sure to sync you iPad with iTunes to back it up before you perform the jailbreak though.

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not all tweaks work on iOS 5, see this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html The ones in blue are confirmed to work in iOS 5. I think that is the only hindrance you face, you don't have the blobs for 4.3.3 so should you ever need to restore you lose your JB. With iOS 5 you can't downgrade to a previous version of iOS 5 (at least as it stands now) so should you have a problem and need to restore you will lose your JB as well. At least with iOS 5.0.1 you will have some of the new notification features and what not. Plus some app updates require iOS 5 and up. I would upgrade but that is my personal opinion.

thanx i shall wait for da windows version now!!!

i thought of using VMware to boot OSX mac but requires 4 gb RAM!

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the jb need an active internet connection?

Btw. The .us version of greenpois0n is still up (www.greenpois0n.us)

Last edited:

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks just like the googlecached version of greenpois0n.com. I think it is a mirror.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad2 syched to my Win7 laptop and my wife has her iPad2 syched to her MacBook Pro.
So if I back my iPad2 up on my laptop as usual can I apply the JB using my wife's MacBook Pro without needing to sych my iPad2 to her iTunes? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts