What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To any members who discover a website that says it has a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3, there is no such thing. There is not and will never be a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3. Any real jailbreak news for any version of iOS 6 will be added to the first post in this thread. Please do not post links to any sites purporting to offer such a jailbreak. Any such post is subject to deletion.

Same for 6.1.4. Note that 6.1.4 is iPhone 5 only, and I've seen a few sites offering 6.1.4 jailbreaks for the iPad Mini.... Your best source of info would be on iPad/iPhone Forums, the real Twitter accounts, as well as their respective sites. If it's not a reputable source, always second guess it

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mini is nagging me to update to 6.1.3 -- which, of course, I don't want to do.

Is there a way to A), tell it to stop nagging, and B), keep it from updating automatically (or by accident)?

Since this has a very narrow set of uses for me, I don't see any need ever to update.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My mini is nagging me to update to 6.1.3 -- which, of course, I don't want to do.

Is there a way to A), tell it to stop nagging, and B), keep it from updating automatically (or by accident)?

Since this has a very narrow set of uses for me, I don't see any need ever to update.

Your iPad will not update unless you authorize it. There is a jailbreak tweak that will hide the notification, but I'm not familiar enough with jailbreaking to remember which one it is.

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SO I read all through this and Jailbroke my Ipad. Then I upgraded to 6.1.2 and re jailbroke it. I want to do a full rebuild on it because I am having weird issues. So if I do a backup within itunes first and then use PKG Backup for the Cydia backup, how do I do a restore and rebuild from scratch without having to upgrade to the 6.1.3 and lose the jailbreak?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can't selectively restore on any iOS for any iPads. The only device that has limited selective restoration is the iPad 2 assuming you have iOS 4 and iOS 5 blobs, allowing you to downgrade from iOS 6 back to iOS 5 that you have blobs for. Your only options for the iPad 2 assuming you have blobs are to restore to the latest iOS, or downgrade to any iOS 5 that you have blobs for. For the iPad 3, 4 and Mini, your only restore option from iOS 6 is to 6.1.3

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SO I read all through this and Jailbroke my Ipad. Then I upgraded to 6.1.2 and re jailbroke it. I want to do a full rebuild on it because I am having weird issues. So if I do a backup within itunes first and then use PKG Backup for the Cydia backup, how do I do a restore and rebuild from scratch without having to upgrade to the 6.1.3 and lose the jailbreak?

An option you may want to try, assuming it is something that is jailbreak related which is causing the problem, is to use iLex RAT to remove all your tweaks and settings, and reset your jailbreak to a "fresh" state without needing to restore. It is definitely worth a try. See here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...-tweaks-without-restoring-rejailbreaking.html

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't remember what was my last firm ware , off course not iOS 6 ...I got iPad 2 . Does this support iOS 6 ? Ad when I am checking my firm wars in setting it only show process but not telling which firm ware is ...and I am jb already ...how I can upgrade and jb again ..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't remember what was my last firm ware , off course not iOS 6 ...I got iPad 2 . Does this support iOS 6 ? Ad when I am checking my firm wars in setting it only show process but not telling which firm ware is ...and I am jb already ...how I can upgrade and jb again ..

If you go to Settings>General>About>Version, you will see which iOS version is currently on your iPad. The iPad 2 supports the latest iOS version available, iOS 6.1.3, which can't be jailbroken. I'm afraid you can't upgrade your iOS if you want to remain jailbroken. The only iOS version you can upgrade to is iOS 6.1.3, which will not receive a jailbreak. If you want to preserve your jailbreak, you will have to remain on whatever iOS version you're currently on.

Last edited:

kennyrodgers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All.
I've been away for a while hence.......Could I ask why there will be no jailbreak for the latest version of IOS.
Thanks in advance.
:rolleyes:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All.
I've been away for a while hence.......Could I ask why there will be no jailbreak for the latest version of IOS.
Thanks in advance.

Because the evasi0n jailbreak team has stated that they're not going to burn an exploit to jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, when that exploit may be needed for an iOS 7 jailbreak. If you see anybody or any site that advertises an untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3, it's a scam.

kennyrodgers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks indeed.....Makes sense.
Only reason I ask is because I'm having latency issues in some guitar apps on Ipad3 with Jailbreak running IOS 5 ???
Some people state it's the jailbreak which I doubt and some others say it's because the apps are designed to run better with IOS 6. No probs, I can live with it.
Thanks again.

Argyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There appears to be an Evasion jailbreak for 6.1.3

Anyone tried it??

EDITED
Removed fake iOS jailbreak site

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Following my thread in this forum about possible hardware problems with my JB ipad3 on 5.1.1, and whether I can keep the JB after repair, I'm considering getting an ipad4 but need to have it JB. If out of the box the iPad is on 6.1.2 or earlier, does it mean that it can be jail broken? Also, would I be able to restore my ipad3 5.1.1 backup onto it?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts