What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
can i use this from my ipad3 gen came with 5.1 and i updated to 6.1.2.....

Yes, the jailbreak will work on your iPad. Follow the iPad 3 jailbreak link in the first post of this thread to jailbreak your iPad.

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true that 6.1.3 was released?

Sent from my iPad 64Gb JB 6.1.2 using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it true that 6.1.3 was released?

Yes, it's true. It was released earlier today.

image-2666866176.jpg

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose that we will be not able to JB if updating ?

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! Patiently waiting. :)

Kayvanblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys..my ipad 2 currently runs on 4.3.3 jailbroken firmware...can i update and jailbreak to ios 6....

Kayvanblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks..u just saved me from a major catastrophe as i was ready to click on update icon..

Vrishabh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys ,
I have an jail broken iPad 3 working on ios 5.1.1 . Is there any way to upgrade it to ios 6 to ios 6.1.2 because there is no jailbreak for ios
6.1.3 . So basically can I upgrade my ipad to ios 6.1.2 only? ( after unjailbreaking my ipad which I know how to do ) ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys ,
I have an jail broken iPad 3 working on ios 5.1.1 . Is there any way to upgrade it to ios 6 to ios 6.1.2 because there is no jailbreak for ios
6.1.3 . So basically can I upgrade my ipad to ios 6.1.2 only? ( after unjailbreaking my ipad which I know how to do ) ?

I'm afraid that if you upgrade it will have to be to iOS 6.1.3. You can't upgrade to iOS 6.1.2, because Apple is no longer signing that iOS version.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys ,

No and WHY? 5.1.1 is the best IOS so if you update you will loose the best IOS. I want to downgrade my iPad3 to 5.1.1 but I cant. :(
There is no way to get to 6.1.2 now. If you updated or restored it will go to 6.1.3 and you will loose any chance of a jailbreak till IOS7 comes out and I bet it'll be worse still.

If your having problems I think you can just use the settings and restore to default in there and maybe that will help then you just re-jailbreak 5.1.1?? I haven't tried it but if I need to restore thats what I will try first.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...[snip]...

If your having problems I think you can just use the settings and restore to default in there and maybe that will help then you just re-jailbreak 5.1.1?? I haven't tried it but if I need to restore thats what I will try first.

No! NEVER use the reset/restore functions in the Settings app on a jail broken iPad! Ever!

When the jail break is done, it modifies the iPad's coding. This makes the reset function (in Settings) unusable on an iPad - guarantee that the only thing that will happen is the iPad will be unusable until you restore it. Yes, you can still use a re-restore on iOS 5.1.1 (if you,don't go to iOS 6.1.3) - but why go through the hassle?

Just wanted to remind - never use the Reset function. :)

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To any members who discover a website that says it has a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3, there is no such thing. There is not and will never be a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3. Any real jailbreak news for any version of iOS 6 will be added to the first post in this thread. Please do not post links to any sites purporting to offer such a jailbreak. Any such post is subject to deletion.

Most reactions

Latest posts