What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your iPad was scared that you would chuck it out the window so it decided to run properly again lol

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you're right there. It is being very well behaved now.

1. Do / did you have the "Portrait in Landscape" mode in RetinaPad turned ON at any stage? This is still quite buggy and causes crashes on IOS 6.

2. AppCent - Whilst it is IOS6 compatible, it is inexorably linked with the installation / creation of new icons on the springboard which could be related to your problem as described.

3. Password Pilot is NOT designed for IOS6 and is very likely a prime candidate.

Last edited:

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Do / did you have the "Portrait in Landscape" mode in RetinaPad turned ON at any stage? This is still quite buggy and causes crashes on IOS 6.

2. AppCent - Whilst it is IOS6 compatible, it is inexorably linked with the installation / creation of new icons on the springboard which could be related to your problem as described.

3. Password Pilot is NOT designed for IOS6 and is very likely a prime candidate.

I rarely use RetinaPad, but that would be my choice out of the 3 you mentioned. It would fit in with the app views I was getting.

I got AppCent on day one, nothing went wrong for a week or more with that tweak.

Is it not? It says it has been updated on the version I have. It says "compatible with your current IOS version" per install. I will leave it for now, if it happens again I will uninstall these 3, 1 at a time and let you know which one it is.

Thanks for the help, you guys have been awesome as always.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I rarely use RetinaPad, but that would be my choice out of the 3 you mentioned. It would fit in with the app views I was getting.

I got AppCent on day one, nothing went wrong for a week or more with that tweak.

Is it not? It says it has been updated on the version I have. It says "compatible with your current IOS version" per install. I will leave it for now, if it happens again I will uninstall these 3, 1 at a time and let you know which one it is.

Thanks for the help, you guys have been awesome as always.

I'm not seeing that message on PasswordPilot. On the Pro (Paid) version of the tweak is specifically says it is NOT IOS6 compatible and only for 4.x and 5.x. It would be very rare for the free version to be compatible and the paid version not to be.

Last edited:

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not seeing that message on PasswordPilot. On the Pro (Paid) version of the tweak is specifically says it is NOT IOS6 compatible and only for 4.x and 5.x. It would be very rare for the free version to be compatible and the paid version not to be.

You're right, I thought I saw it. Was for something else. It doesn't say either way. Perhaps it is that. But, as I said, nothing has gone wrong for a while. Might just see if it behaves for a while before I mess with it again. There doesn't seem to be an issue with that tweak at the moment. Thanks for checking it out.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks, Is it possible to download 6.1.2 iOS on computer and update later iPad from computer? I am asking because I will have iPad in April. Probably iOS 6.1.3 will be only available to download , so I want to download only 6.1.2 cos' it is Jail-breakable. 6.1.3 will patch up exploits so my only chance is with 6.1.2 iOS.

Sent from Apple iPad 4

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. Once the signing window is closed, you will not be able to upgrade (or in your case downgrade) to a non-current iOS version (at least given current technology).

But if you are getting your new iPad in early April and 6.1.3 is not coming out for another week or two or three, chances are your new iPad will have 6.1.2 loaded on it.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. Once the signing window is closed, you will not be able to upgrade (or in your case downgrade) to a non-current iOS version (at least given current technology).

But if you are getting your new iPad in early April and 6.1.3 is not coming out for another week or two or three, chances are your new iPad will have 6.1.2 loaded on it.

Thanks for the reply... Anyway, even if I get 6.1 I Think that's 6.1 was okay IOS and that 6.1.1 was the one with bugs...

Sent from Apple iPad 4

Drosera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um, so silly question since not obviously stated on front page. Can I or should I upgrade to 6.1.2 now that I have a JB 6.1.1? Or would I have to re-jailbreak once upgraded? In the past, usually there is a warning if such an upgrade is not advised...

Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Um, so silly question since not obviously stated on front page. Can I or should I upgrade to 6.1.2 now that I have a JB 6.1.1? Or would I have to re-jailbreak once upgraded? In the past, usually there is a warning if such an upgrade is not advised...

Thanks.

Yes, you would have to re jailbreak once you've updated to iOS 6.1.2, as updating through iTunes removes the jailbreak. If you do decide to update, you'd better do it as soon as possible, as iOS 6.1.3 is due to be released quite soon and is not jailbreakable at this time.

Drosera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone report any substantial benefits? All I read was it fixes calendar bugs that can drain battery. Don't I have to redownload and reinstall all the tweaks and apps that I've already done since JBing 6.1.1?

Much appreciated.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone report any substantial benefits? All I read was it fixes calendar bugs that can drain battery. Don't I have to redownload and reinstall all the tweaks and apps that I've already done since JBing 6.1.1?

Much appreciated.

The benefits are unlikely to be described as substantial, but 6.1.2 fixes bugs, which is always welcome.

We have a guide here to help upgrading - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...355-how-upgrade-your-6-x-jailbroken-ipad.html

The choice of whether to do it is entirely up to you ;)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Much appreciated.

iOS 6.1.2 does address the Exchange bug. But there are still rants about how even after the bug fix, it's still draining the battery (mostly because of pirated tweaks/apps and incompatible tweaks/apps). If you're a clean user, you shouldn't experience any battery drain to be honest

pros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can i use this from my ipad3 gen came with 5.1 and i updated to 6.1.2.....

Most reactions

Latest posts