What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me the ability to jb is a key dependency.

I do love my ipad2 and when time comes to upgrade it (in 1 year time) I may go for the iPad 5 provided there is a jb available as there are many more apps for ios tablets, but my phone is an android and my 7inches is a Nexus 7 and their out-of-the-box capabilities plus the possibility to root very easily blow ios away.

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a couple of small issues since the jailbreak update. When Cydia has apps and files which require updating, it sends half of my apps into iPhone view, even the official iPad ones such as Twitter. I have to run safe mode to update the changes and re-spring to fix the issue. Is anyone else having this happen?.... Also, after a day or two some of my apps start to crash, like there's a memory problem. It's mild at first and then they crash several times in a row after reopening the. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having a couple of small issues since the jailbreak update. When Cydia has apps and files which require updating, it sends half of my apps into iPhone view, even the official iPad ones such as Twitter. I have to run safe mode to update the changes and re-spring to fix the issue. Is anyone else having this happen?.... Also, after a day or two some of my apps start to crash, like there's a memory problem. It's mild at first and then they crash several times in a row after reopening the. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

What this means to me is that you have some tweak on your iPad that is incompatible with the iPad or iOS 6 (or both). You'll Have to remove it to get the iPad to work properly.

If you can, think back to when this behavior started and see if you can remember what you last installed just before this began. Then, remove that tweak and see if it helps.

Or, if you wish - give us a list of what you have installed. Maybe we can spot the "culprit."

Marilyn

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well Rudy, I would say its slightly faster, and my battery life is longer (slightly)

BUT, the real reason why I would want to update is this, it's an up to date iOS that is Jailbreakable (for now) so at the very least you are going to be running an iPad on the latest operating system.

The only problem is, you may lose some of your Cydia apps from the 5.1.1 Jailbreak, this is because some apps are still be updated, so I would possibly make a note of your free Cydia apps, as these aren't stored within Cydia, once jailbroken go through the apps one by one, checking to see if the info remarks on an update to iOS6, this will save time with crashes because of conflicts etc

I hope all goes well if you choose to update Rudy, come back and let us know how you get on.

Thanks! I will be updating my iPad soon.

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What this means to me is that you have some tweak on your iPad that is incompatible with the iPad or iOS 6 (or both). You'll Have to remove it to get the iPad to work properly.

If you can, think back to when this behavior started and see if you can remember what you last installed just before this began. Then, remove that tweak and see if it helps.

Or, if you wish - give us a list of what you have installed. Maybe we can spot the "culprit."

Marilyn

I would have hoped it would be something this simple. But the only things I have installed are those on the updated tweaks list. Could it be anything else?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have hoped it would be something this simple. But the only things I have installed are those on the updated tweaks list. Could it be anything else?

Nope, sorry. It really has to be that something you've got installed is not playing correctly with another tweak ... or your iPad ... Or your iOS (or any combo of the three).

Have you tried disabling all your Mobile Substrate tweaks, then re-enabling them one at a time? Maybe then you can see which one might be acting up?

Marilyn

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, sorry. It really has to be that something you've got installed is not playing correctly with another tweak ... or your iPad ... Or your iOS (or any combo of the three).

Have you tried disabling all your Mobile Substrate tweaks, then re-enabling them one at a time? Maybe then you can see which one might be acting up?

Marilyn

Yeah, I've tried all that. It's behaving at the moment, but it did that before. It's generally when cydia needs vital updates. But if no one else is having that problem, then it can't be down to the updates, can it?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've tried all that. It's behaving at the moment, but it did that before. It's generally when cydia needs vital updates. But if no one else is having that problem, then it can't be down to the updates, can it?

Why don't you list out all the tweak you have installed and we'll maybe be able to spot it?

Madmax007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might be a just a shot in the dark but have u tried updating Cydia via mobile terminal.

apt-get update

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you list out all the tweak you have installed and we'll maybe be able to spot it?

Well, worth a shot. Here is the all my tweaks. Not very many, waiting for lots of updates.

Activator
Appcent
BlueiPad V2
BytaFont
IBlank
iwipe Cache
KillBackground
MultiIconMover
NoNewsIsGoodNews
NowPlaying on Status Bar
PasswordPilot
Terminal
RetinaPad
Winterboard
Zeppelin

That's everything. I couldn't spot an issue, maybe you guys can.

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It might not be the tweak/app directly but possibly one of the co-requisites that's installed. You might have to root through them one by one.

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might not be the tweak/app directly but possibly one of the co-requisites that's installed. You might have to root through them one by one.

Hmmmm yeah. Sounds exciting lol. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. It hasn't done it for over a day. Perhaps it's fixed itself with one of these many updates. I will keep you posted. I'm intrigued as to what would cause it now.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well over on iPhoneForums, we have a similar case. But nothing yet from the user's progress on his attempt to delete them one at a time.

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well over on iPhoneForums, we have a similar case. But nothing yet from the user's progress on his attempt to delete them one at a time.

Really? Well that makes it more interesting indeed. Strange too; since this post, it actually hasn't happened. I haven't added or deleted anything in Cydia. Maybe it was a phantom occurrence of some sort :S

Most reactions

Latest posts