What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
some features of ios 6 dont work on supported devices..all features work on latest iphone 5 and ipad3..ipad 1 is supported but without all features..same for ipad 2.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
some features of ios 6 dont work on supported devices..all features work on latest iphone 5 and ipad3..ipad 1 is supported but without all features..same for ipad 2.

iOS 6 is not available for the iPad1! It's not that some features don't work. It does not exist! Please read the first post again.

rocketi05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my iPad (my first apple product) and I made a mistake of updating before I did research >.< . I hope a jailbreak comes out soon. Watching this space!

nickb67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant post links (been warned before) but pod2g has tweeted that an "Appple failed again" hinting that IOS 6 has been cracked and will be revealed at the coming jailbreak expo in SF... search absinthe jailbreak for lasted news and gossip on the situation, Fingers crossed, but is it best to wait when a new jailbreak comes out? will it be buggy? etc, anyone had experience of past jailbreak updates...

akeshavjee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops Again!

Just realized am NOT allowed to post links (sorry, Moderators...). There is a jailbreak site, and in the "ijailbreak Downloads" section there are piles of options, but I am not entirely sure which to select....

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This won't work because Apple is no longer signing iOS 5.1.1.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's as Scifan pointed out - there is NO way to downgrade from iOS 6 [back to 5.1.1] now that Apple has stopped signing iOS 5.1.1. None.

Please - re-read the first post in this thread again. We will keep people posted on what is happening in the jail breaking community WRT jail breaking iOS 6 and we WILL post any updates as soon as we know them.

If you see no update - there is no news and there is no way (as of this post) to jail break iOS 6 or to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1.

Marilyn

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just realized am NOT allowed to post links (sorry, Moderators...). There is a jailbreak site, and in the "ijailbreak Downloads" section there are piles of options, but I am not entirely sure which to select....

None. They are liars and charlatans!

akeshavjee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, well...

I have KINDA made my peace with iOS6 but... the YouTube app is certainly not what it used to be, and I would sincerely appreciate any input as to how to get the same quality and sharpness as I used to....

I wonder if it is time to go off Apple and find another tablet....

Thanks!
Ameen

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
akeshavjee said:
I have KINDA made my peace with iOS6 but... the YouTube app is certainly not what it used to be, and I would sincerely appreciate any input as to how to get the same quality and sharpness as I used to....

I wonder if it is time to go off Apple and find another tablet....

Thanks!
Ameen

If you're talking about running the YouTube App for iPhone on iPad, then yes it's not the same but will improve greatly once the iPad formatted app is released.

Jasmine - YouTube Client is another (free) bridge option.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

R.neo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys i got a small clip that got A5 chips jailbreak
check out this website:

Reminder - Rule 8
With the exception of news articles, promoting other iPad related forums or blogs in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. Doing so may result in a banning.
Please review all our forum rules here

i already have download it, but it wanted the password and gonna throught the suck survey.
can anybody else hack out that survey and get that password?

Most reactions