What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office suite for ipad

iSmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new user of ipad. I would like to get some advice and guidance from experience users.
I am using Dropbox with my office PC, my notebook my home PC and iphone4 for sharing my files and open/edit/work from any one. Now I installed for ipad.

For office application I learned from this forum, Quick Office , Docs to Go premium , Good reader and Apple apps Key Notes, Page and Numbers have compatible ( even not 100 % ) to MS office. By reading many discussions every apps has it's own weak point. Also in comments many people has bad experiences for one or another. I am in dilemma don't know what to choose. Nothing is encouraging.

My office use all MS products office, mail outlooks and PDF. I want to open mails attachment files works /edit Words Excel PowerPoint and send back mails. Some file share in Drop Box so I can save in any of my computers. Manage in folders in ipad. We use simple or documents, not complicated edits.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I have similar requirements as you, and I use DropBox and Docs2Go Premium. It is an ideal solution for me.
Docs2Go comes with the ability to sync (without iTunes) any number of folders from my Windows desktop & laptop as well as read files straight off Dropbox and Google Docs.
No matter where I am (work, home, customer site) I have access to all the word, excel, powerpoint and PDF files I need. I rarely need to create Office files on the go, but it can be done (outlining at least, not so good at final formatting)
I also add Evernote into the mix for most of my "text" based work. For example drafting up articles and stickies for this site!

Hope that is of some use to you...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I agree with f4780y, even though I don't own Docs2Go.

There was an article in MacWorld a while back that tested several apps for Office compatibility, among other things. Docs2Go was the clear winner for compatibility with MS Office. It may not be perfect, and what mobile app is, but it's probably your best choice.

If you are going to be passing files back and forth with other Office users, compatibility has to be the most important factor. Well, and the app not crashing every time you try to use it.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use docs to go premium just for the google docs syncing. As for editing docs, it is not the greatest.

Most reactions