What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office apps

lynch1194

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm looking for a decent office based app which is universal and directed towards Microsoft office.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iWorks suite contains Pages, Numbers and Keynote, which allows you to save, read, edit, create, email etc Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. They are available separately from the App store.

OP
L

lynch1194

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I've been emailed some word documents with an older version of word (97-04), do any of the office apps support these versions? I have pages and that doesn't.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why you're having problems with Pages. Is the document you've been emailed .doc format? I have plenty of Office 97 documents that I can read just fine with Pages.

Tim

OP
L

lynch1194

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just tried again and it just said that it's an unsupported version of word?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess then the only solution is to read it into a newer version of Word on a PC first of all, save it and then download it to the iPad. Not sure why I don't have that same problem, though.

Tim

OP
L

lynch1194

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved, cheers Tim

Opened in newer version of word, saved it as word doc 2007 or similar, then opened it with pages!

Most reactions

Latest posts