What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendations For Microsoft Office App For Ipad2

SoleSoleHype

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that features microsoft office mostly word and powerpoint. Any recommendations on which one is worth the purchase? Thanks in advance. I'd like to have the documents or file on my ipad and not looking to keep logging on/off to some sort of site to retrieve it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here are some reviews of the more popular Office compatible apps for the iPad. None of the apps is perfect, but you should be able to get an idea of what each is capable of. I recommend further research, since they've all been updated more than once since these reviews.

Compare iWorks, Office 2 HD, Documents to Go, QuickOffice by richsdams
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Office Apps Comparison by RedCoil (details and examples, very long)
http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A newer option to look into if you have fast internet and need the full MS Office treatment. Both CloudOn and OnLive are offering cloud based desktop solutions for the iPad, with full versions of Word, Excel, and Power Point. They are still a bit wobbly/new, but worth keeping an eye on if they fit your needs. Did I mention they were free? (for the basic account).

FrancoDei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately not yet available outside US AppStore. Is it correct?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
A newer option to look into if you have fast internet and need the full MS Office treatment. Both CloudOn and OnLive are offering cloud based desktop solutions for the iPad, with full versions of Word, Excel, and Power Point. They are still a bit wobbly/new, but worth keeping an eye on if they fit your needs. Did I mention they were free? (for the basic account).

Excellent suggestions. OnLive is the one I got but, alas, my crappy 1mbps (if that) rural DSL at $70 a month doesn't allow it to work. Will try EDGE and 3G to see if that makes any difference.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts