What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Number of apps in folders.....

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ince the new iOS was brought out, has the maximum number of apps allows within a folder changed?
I was moving apps around, and I placed an app into a folder which already had 12 apps in. It accepted it and I tried putting more in, there are now 15 in there.
Is there a new maximum allowed? I am only asking because it is an ex jail broken iPad.
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Crazyhorse - my understanding was that up to 20 apps could be placed into a folder (don't have a 'jailbroken' iPad) - I've never gone to that limit yet so cannot vouch for the statement - so not sure if your last statement has an impact? You might want to do a restart/reset to see if that helps - let us know - good luck!

OP
crazyhorse1217

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hi Crazyhorse - my understanding was that up to 20 apps could be placed into a folder (don't have a 'jailbroken' iPad) - I've never gone to that limit yet so cannot vouch for the statement - so not sure if your last statement has an impact? You might want to do a restart/reset to see if that helps - let us know - good luck!

Yeah, I have done the reboot already. It is not jailbroken now, I was wondering if anything (jailbreak software) had been left behind on my iPad. I know it's very unlikely, that's why I asked if the number of apps allowed had changed.
I used to run on iOS 4.3.3, and used a jailbreak tweak that allowed you to have any number of apps in a folder. iOS 4.3.3 only allowed 12 apps within a folder as standard. So, with iOS 5 is it now 20?
Thanks for your reply :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad has always allowed you to put 20 apps in a folder, while the iPhone/iPod Touch have allowed 12. This has been since iOS 4.2.1.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts