What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now summer is round the corner. How will you use your ipad outside more?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well everyone as I say summer is round the corner all I need now is something to do outside with my iPad 2. What plans do you have to incorporate your iPad into your summer?
I might go down the r/c route and find a little toy but I'm interested to know what you will be doing??
Here's a pic I taken with the iPad 2 camera it's not great so picture taking is probably out of the question....

Attachments

• image-2657817994.jpg
    image-2657817994.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 336

hilsroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be using mine for reading outside, playing wordgames and maybe taking a few pictures. I don't think your swan one is too bad...I have ipad2 and although pics inside are pretty grainy, the ones I've tried in natural light are not too bad...fine for capturing the odd quick image anyway. I also use my ipad as my companion when I'm gardening- the radio if I'm close enough to the house to keep the wifi, or downloaded music if not.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dunno. My kindle is much better for reading in brighter conditions due to not being backlit. On a sunny day, I can't see the iPad being that useful. Besides, I should be enjoying the weather and not messing with electronic gadgets. :)

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well Ofcourse i want to enjoy the weather and my iPad, I was looking more at the R/C route with things like the parrot drone, and the rc cars etc has anyone got a decent rc car they use with their iPad that is perhaps equal to the performance of a model kit, I've tried googling all kinds to find the rc cars but only really find a Bluetooth Ferrari and I think the wifi ones would be better. Not sure what's out there though.

madeSICC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys should just leave your iPad inside and enjoy the outside with friends or family if you have them, if not go make them.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use my iPad outside...especially in the summer!

Ok...if I'm working on the house and find a need to replace something...and I don't know what it is called...I take a picture of it on my tablet...and take the tablet to home depot or lowes, the show the folks there what I'm looking for. That works well and the big screen of a tablet really helps.

But other than stuff like this, I'm maining riding bikes when I'm outside and the iPad is just not well suited to that application. IMO, anyway.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have taken my iPad on vacation during the summer. Last year I took my iPad with me to Fort Lauderdale. It was great inside, but on the beach, even at 100% brightness, it was difficult to read a book, or see the screen. I had to get under the guard shack with a towel over my head before I could see the screen. I also noticed that when I wear changeable sunglasses--where the glass gets darker depending sunlight, my iPad looked like it was turned off!

The iPad is a great device but it is bit like a vampire in sunlight!

Most reactions