What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note taking apps with incorporated to do or task function

edessad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post so forgive me if this has been asked before but I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find an answer.

Is there a note taking app that has a built in task or to do list (sort of a combination Notes and 2DO? I need to be able to group my notes into folders (meetings) which you can't do in Notes. Also the tasks need to push an alert to notify me when it is coming due and is overdue. Ideally if I could just highlight an entry within the notes as a task to show it is an actual task as opposed to a note entry.

I spend a lot of times in meeetings and find that switching between two apps to take notes and document the tasks given is rather onerous. Also having the tasking built into the note app means I will be able to refer straight to the notes relating to the task without trying to find it again in another app.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks

joeinblu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Awesome Note

Hello everyone, this is my first post so forgive me if this has been asked before but I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find an answer.

Is there a note taking app that has a built in task or to do list (sort of a combination Notes and 2DO? I need to be able to group my notes into folders (meetings) which you can't do in Notes. Also the tasks need to push an alert to notify me when it is coming due and is overdue. Ideally if I could just highlight an entry within the notes as a task to show it is an actual task as opposed to a note entry.

I spend a lot of times in meeetings and find that switching between two apps to take notes and document the tasks given is rather onerous. Also having the tasking built into the note app means I will be able to refer straight to the notes relating to the task without trying to find it again in another app.

Thanks

Check out Awesome Note. It appears to have what you need.

pwmcmaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome notes is interesting, but the to do management seems like an after thought... What I really need is note taking with handwriting recognition that can take selected written text, convert to real text and add to a to-do for further processing.... That would be the note taking killer app!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
note taking with handwriting recognition that can take selected written text, convert to real text and add to a to-do for further processing

I'd like something like that too, with or without the handwriting being recognized.

dchevenement

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

you should check Beesy on the AppStore.
It has all you're asking for and it's made to manage your priorities, assuming that most of your tasks will come from your meeting notes.
Nice way of handling structured meeting notes and then automatically generating ToDo's from them that you can view any way you want: per type of task, per people, per project.
It's in sync with your agenda as well to link your notes and your meetings in your iPad agenda.

Damalaje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daily notes is great, good task features and you can tag your notes for fast searching.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
edessad said:

Thanks

Protaskinote might do the trick for you. It's currently on sale for $0.99!

gilluindil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found ActionNotes to do the trick. However it can't alert you when a task is overdue, but you can just highligt a line in your notes to make an action point of it. In the end you will have a great checklist.
You can send your notes in email in two formats (HTML and PDF).
And you can organise your notes in 6 sections of a notebook, but you can have as many notebooks as you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts