What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad to PC App for Notes/Tasks

msw1382

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've searched and searched but am having a hard time finding an app that fits my needs.

I'm trying to incorporate the iPad into my work environment but cannot find something that is streamlined and easy.

I'm looking for one of two things:

1. An app that I can install on my PC that will sync with my outlook calendar/tasks and wirelessly sync with the ipad app equivelant. I would hope that the ipad app also has handwriting recogition (with the zoom box for note taking).

2. Or we omit the outlook calendar completely and just have a task/note app on my PC that wirelessly syncs with the ipad. Ipad equivelant has the handwriting with zoom box.

Is there anything out there that does this?

What I've tried so far:
Ghost writer, good app for handwriting. No PC equivelant.
7notes HD - same as ghostwriter
Evernote - No hand writing recognition except for Penultimate, but this does not have the zoom box so note taking is out of the question
- Evernote seems to be the only option, but there is no Task/note manager for it

Thanks in advance!

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I am syncing my notes with Outlook and the default Notes app on the iPad. I use an exchange server for email, but you can use iTunes to do it by setting it in the Info tab of the sync screen in iTunes for the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One of the interesting things about Evernote is that it is also a platform. Search for Evernote in the App Store and you will see several apps designed to integrate with, and in some cases extend, what Evernote does.

I'm not saying those apps will necessarily do exactly what you want, but if you're going to (probably) be using Evernote anyway, you might as well look them over.

Evernote does allow the creation of checkboxes, both on the computer and iPad, so it can be used as a ToDo list, you just have to manage the organization of them yourself. Not ideal, but doable.

Another thought; if their are associated apps for iOS, there are probably also associated apps for the computer.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure I get what you are trying to do - so forgive if I get it all wrong...

Take a look at the Noteshelf app ($5.99, USD). With it, you can take handwritten notes on the iPad (complete with the zoom-in text window). This app can then allow you to sync with and send the handwritten notes to Evernote (as a PNG or PDF file) so that you can view them on your PC.

Might that be something similar to what you need/want?

Marilyn

gkinghrn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gmail for your mail and calendar.... Microsoft One Note for your notes ..backs up,to Skydrive...

Most reactions

Latest posts